1st Date

Crap! He hadn't been on a date in ages and he didn't have much time to get ready. After he had closed the bakery at six he had cleaned the place in record time but it was still a quarter to seven and he had just gotten home.

He rushed into the shower and hurried to wash his hair. Luckily he had decided on an outfit last night after trying almost every piece of item in his closet.

He was nervous but in a good way. He really liked Louis and hopefully this was the beginning of something great. He shouldn't think like that. He put too much pressure on one simple date at the cinema.

He got dressed, used deodorant and perfume and then he began to style his hair. He still had the hair blower in his hand when he heard a knock on the door. He looked at his phone. Shit! It was almost seven-thirty.

He rushed to the hallway and opened the door. He had given Louis his address yesterday. A smiling Louis greeted him.
"Hi! You look great. Ready?"

"Thanks, you too. Yeah, I just need shoes." Harry answered and returned the smile. His stomach had erupted into butterflies at the sight of Louis.

As they walked to his car Louis glanced at the man beside him. Harry's shoulder-long hair was still damp from a shower and the curls framed his face. He looked extra cute tonight.

He had been looking forward to this the whole day. Time had gone by so slowly. He had paced around in his flat trying to come up with things to do so the day would pass faster. He had ended up by the piano.

They arrived at the cinema. Louis paid for tickets and snacks.
"How are you celebrating Christmas?" Louis asked as they took a seat while they waited to be let into the saloon.

"I'm going home to Holmes Chapel for a day or two. How about you?" Harry retorted.

"Family. It's usually a two-day celebration since me birthday is on the 24th." Louis revealed.

"Really? I'll remember that." Harry grinned.

The doors opened so they walked inside and found their seats. The saloon was almost empty. There were only a handful of people sitting in front of them.
"I don't get it. This is one of the best movies ever made. This place should be packed." Harry said.

"People clearly don't have the right taste in films." Louis replied.

"Or they might just prefer to watch it at home." Harry smiled.

The film started so they settled in their seats, sharing a large bucket of popcorn.

The movie was great as always and they both shed a tear or two before the end credits started to roll and they left the cinema.
"There's something special about movies from that decade. I just love them." Louis said.

"Same. Which one is your favorite?" Harry asked.

"That's a tough one. I'd have to say An Affair To Remember." Louis answered.

"Love it! I have it on DVD! Maybe we could watch it someday soon? I can make dinner." Harry suggested.

"It's a date!" Louis smiled.

He drove Harry home and followed him to the door. He hesitated but decided not to kiss him. He wanted to take things slow.
"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah." Harry smiled before he closed the door behind him.