Caroling

Luckily the 13th of December was on a Sunday, otherwise, Harry hadn't been able to go caroling with the guys. He really needed to hire someone so he could have more free time but as a fairly new business owner, he only made a profit big enough to cover his own salary. The business was picking up though. It seemed like he was starting to get a good reputation. The number of consumers increased, especially now in December. He kept his fingers crossed that it would continue like that.

They met up at half past nine. Harry was nervous but excited. Their first performance at an elderly home was at ten.
"Are you alright? You look a little pale." Louis said, eyeing him in concern.

"Nervous. I haven't sung in front of an audience since High School." Harry admitted.

"Solo or in a band?"Louis asked.

"Band! White Eskimoes." Harry answered.

"Me too! The Rogue." Louis grinned.

"Cool. Something more we have in common." Harry smiled.

"Guys! Come on!" Liam shouted.

They had fallen behind. They hurried to catch up. As they entered the dining room area the elderly clapped their hands. Harry fixed his Santa hat and took a deep breath as they walked over to the little area set up for them. Louis smiled encouragingly at him before he took a seat by the piano. Niall found a chair and took out his guitar from the guitar case. Liam grabbed the microphone.
"Merry Christmas everyone! My name is Liam. These are my friends Zayn, Niall, Louis, and Harry and we're here to sing a couple of Christmas songs."

Louis and Niall began to play. Harry took a calming breath and then he sang with the rest of them. Two songs in he relaxed. The faces looking back at him were smiling.

They ended it with Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas and a lot of the elderly got up and started to dance along. When they were done they bowed to the applause.
"Thank you. We're gonna continue our caroling. Merry Christmas!" Liam said.

Niall packed his guitar and they headed out to Liam's car to drive to the next place.
"That was awesome. I love how happy they looked." Harry beamed.

"That's why we do this. Spreading a little Christmas spirit around town." Louis replied.

"It's absolutely wonderful. Thanks for including me." Harry beamed.

"It sounds better with the five of us." Zayn replied.

Harry couldn't be happier. They visited five more elderly homes and sang before they headed to the homeless shelter. That was his favorite stop of the day. To be able to spread a little Christmas spirit among the ones who were really struggling warmed his heart. It also gave him an idea. He talked to the woman running the shelter and suggested that he could donate the bakery goods that he usually just threw away because it wasn't day fresh. There wasn't anything wrong with it but as a business owner, he always offered his clients freshly baked goods. The woman in charge immediately took him up on his offer. Maybe cookies and cakes weren't the kind of food homeless people were in desperate need of, but he made bread as well and a cookie here and there was a treat.

"That's nice of you." Louis commented as they were ready to leave.

"I'd call it common sense. I rather give it to people in need than just waste it." Harry smiled.

"Still." Louis replied.