Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup softened butter
1/4 cup softened cream cheese
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
3 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups rainbow sprinkles

In the next couple of days, they continued to meet up at the bakery after closing all five of them to rehearse Christmas songs while Louis learned how to bake.

Even if Harry was happy to get to know Louis' friends with the hope of making them his own friends in the future too, he missed having alone time with Louis. The more he got to know how the more he liked him. After hearing him sing for the first time he was crushing pretty hard.

They had agreed on five songs. O Holy Night was a given. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing, O Come All Ye Faithful, and Joy To The World were put on their setlist as well since they knew that the elderly enjoyed the old, traditional carols. The fifth song they struggled with. They all wanted to sing something more modern as well.
"How about All I Want For Christmas with Mariah Carey?" Harry finally suggested.

"Yes!" Zayn shouted excitedly.

"Do you really think we can sing those high notes?" Niall questioned.

"There's only one way to find out." Louis smiled and dropped a whole eggshell in the flour.

Harry giggled and helped him remove it while the boys divided the lyrics of the Mariah Carey song between them.
"I think we'll use audio for this one. It needs drums." Liam said.

"Oh, are we doing the other songs acapella?" Harry wondered.

"I play the guitar and Louis plays the piano." Niall answered.

Harry looked at Louis.
"You can play the piano?"

"I'm no Mozart but yeah, I'll get by." Louis shrugged.

"That's so cool." Harry smiled.

Louis seemed happy and they just stood there smiling at each other until Liam interrupted them.
"Guys, look at this. What do you think?"

They glanced at the paper where Liam had written the lyrics to the song and their names on different parts.
"It looks fine to me. Let's try it."

They sang the song and made some changes and sang it again.
"Perfect." Niall smiled.

"Just like these rainbow sprinkle cookies that Louis made." Harry said.

They all took a cookie and started to munch on it.
"It's a freaking miracle that you have managed to teach Louis how to bake." Niall commented.

"I think you should teach him how to cook too." Zayn added.

"I'm not that much of a miracle worker." Harry joked with a smirk.

"You haven't even tasted me cooking!" Louis protested.

"I guess I have to sometime then." Harry smiled. Internally he grunted. Was that too straightforward? He basically just invited himself on a date without actually asking Louis out. Maybe he should just ask him out? He had no idea why he hesitated to do so? Maybe because Louis hadn't asked him out?

"Definitely." Louis smiled.