Pancakes For Two

8 ounces all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups of milk
2 tsp melted butter

He was slightly hungover when he woke up alone in his bedroom. He glanced at the time and got up to have a shower before he was supposed to meet Harry at the bakery at one.

As he let the warm water wash over him he thought about last night. They had fun. Harry had gotten along really well with his friends.

He and Harry had flirted a little. Nothing major, but it had been there. He made sure to keep it low. Harry wasn't the kind of person he wanted to spend one night with and nothing more. He felt there was potential for something great and he wasn't about to fuck that up for a drunken one-night stand. It was still too early to tell but he hoped it was something they would explore in the future.

They arrived at the bakery at the same time. They both walked there.
"Good morning. How are you feeling today?" Louis asked as soon as they were in front of the bakery.

"As I deserve but I had fun last night. Thanks for inviting me." Harry smiled and unlocked the door. He turned off the alarm.

"I'm glad you decided to join us. I had fun too." Louis replied.

"Hungover?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." Louis answered.

Harry had turned on the lights and locked the door behind them.
"How about we make some pancakes today? How are your cooking skills?"

"Pretty disastrous as well." Louis chuckled.

"I'm sure that's not true." Harry answered.

"Yeah? Wanna call me sisters and ask?" Louis joked with a smirk.

Harry giggled a little.
"I'll take your word for it. Coffee?"

"Yes, please." Louis answered.

Harry stopped by the coffee machine and put on a pot of fresh coffee while Louis removed his jacket and grabbed the apron.
"Can you pour eight ounces of flour and a pinch of salt into that bowl?" Harry asked and pointed at a bowl underneath the counter.

"I hope that wasn't a literal question, as if can you really do it?" Louis smirked.

"Of course not." Harry laughed.

Louis grabbed the bowl and started to measure the flour. Harry took milk and eggs from the fridge and came to stand next to him. He handed Louis an egg. Louis cracked it over the bowl.
"Shit, you want eggshells in your pancakes, right?" He joked.

"I prefer without." Harry smiled.

Louis managed to pick up the eggshell and cracked the second egg and had to remove the shell from the bowl again.
"Perfect. Whisk that."

"How do I whisk?" Louis asked with a sheepish smile.

He could see that Harry thought that he was joking.
"How do I whisk and make it smooth?"

"You have to beat it, like this." Harry said and showed him.

"Alright." Louis said and took over.

Harry melted some butter in the meantime. They worked together. Harry poured milk and butter into the bowl while Louis whisked.
"Look, you made a smooth batter. Good job." Harry smiled.

It didn't feel condescending. Louis smiled. Harry grabbed a frying pan and showed him how to make pancakes.

Harry found berries and whipped cream and they poured themselves coffee and sat down to eat the pancakes while they talked about their favorite artists and movies. It was a perfect Sunday.