Birthday Boy

Louis woke up from the sound of giggling. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He had stayed over at his mum's since the twins asked him to so they could keep up with tradition.

The door opened and he quickly closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. His family was singing Happy Birthday. Ernie and Doris jumped up on the bed and threw themselves at him. He sat up and hugged them. They laughed and climbed to him.

His mum held out a cake and Doris helped him blow out the candles.
"Happy birthday!" Everyone screamed.

"Thank you." Louis beamed.

He received presents and the little ones helped him open them while Jay cut the cake.
"Since we already gave you a boyfriend as a present in advance you won't find a gift from us there." Lottie said with glittery eyes.

Louis' mouth fell open.
"A boyfriend? You gave me baking lessons!"

"And you're dating the baker! You can thank us later." Lottie grinned.

"But... Mum!" Louis whined.

"Stop teasing your brother, Lottie. She has a point though." Jay smiled.

"Mum! Not you too!" Louis gasped and burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, I had to. I hope we will meet him someday." Jay smiled.

"Yeah, I hope so too. I think it's going well so far. He's really great. You're gonna like him." Louis smiled happily.

"I'm sure I will." Jay answered.

Then she got up.
"Okay, let Louis wake up properly. Let's go downstairs."

His family headed out the door.
"Thanks for signing me up for baking classes." Louis shouted to his sisters.

They smiled at him and gave him the thumbs-up before they closed the door behind them. Louis lay down again and pulled the duvet over him. Then he remembered that he had one present left. The one Harry gave him.

He sat up again and picked up the gift from the nightstand. He shook it carefully with his ear against it. It was kind of heavy.

He unwrapped the gift and a smile spread over his face. It was a notebook. Inside Harry had written the receipts with ingredients and instructions for everything they made in December. Louis admired his cursive handwriting.

He smiled and looked at the time. Hopefully, Harry was awake. He just had to call him and thank him for such a thoughtful and sweet present. He must have spent some time writing down every receipt so neatly.

He picked up his phone and found Harry in his contact list and called him. Harry answered on the second ring singing.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Mr Tomlinson
Happy birthday to you

Louis giggled.
"Are you trying to sound like Marilyn Monroe?"

"Yeah, how did I do?" Harry replied.

"Excellent. Yeah, I could totally see you in a blond wig and a white dress." Louis teased.

"Good." Harry giggled.

"Anyway, I'm calling to thank you for the present. I love it." Louis said.

"Really? I just thought it was a fun idea. I mean, something to remember from our baking sessions. Now you can make everything on your own." Harry answered.

"Oh, I don't know about that. I might need your help in the future as well." Louis said.

"Any day." Harry replied.

"Great. I have to go downstairs now. Have a nice day, Harry. I miss you." Louis said and held his breath, waiting for Harry's response.

"I miss you too. Happy birthday, Lou." Harry replied softly.

Louis' heart skipped a beat.