Chapter 1

MIKE'S POV

        The last bell rang, and the hallway filled with chattering students as usual

      I on the other hand was already at my locker clearing out my stuff because today was my last day here. Looking back at my class down the hall one last time, I sighed putting a chunk of text books in the brown box I was holding.

      Sam my closet friend who'd just come out of class, ran up to me waving. I didn't have the energy to pretend today, so I just sighed again for the 100th time today and ignored him as I continued packing.

      He frowned.

    "Hey, are you alright?" He questioned standing besides me.

      I shook my head. "I'm not to be honest. Everything I have worked hard for has gone to waste" I replied dropping the box on the floor, slaming the locker shut.

      Mike?" He called out squeezing my shoulders. "I know this is hard for you, but  you don't need to act like you're fine all the time. Everybody body is here to support you" he sighed looking at me.

      "Plus I'm sure, nobody's gonna ever forget your name" he added. "Especially among the girls" then he flashed me a wacky wink making me smile slightly.

     Sam always knew how to cheer me up.

      "You might be right" I replied running a hand through my honey brown hair. But I honestly can't help feeling sad. I'm moving tomorrow and everything is just moving so fast"

    He nodded. "I know but_"

      "Just a few months ago, I was training to become captain,and now I'm starting afresh in God knows where" I interrupted picking up the brown box to continue clearing out my locker.

        Sam stopped talking and was just  quietly watching me pack, and I was thankful he didn't push the subject.

    He got me so well even well even though we where polar opposites.

      Sam was one of the most social boys in our school and dated this girl Anna, they had been dating since 5th grade and I didn't see them breaking up anytime soon.

      I on the other hand, I was the biggest playboy on the planet. Every week I was always hooking up with someone new.

       Another thing was, I didn't have a ton friends. Sure,  I always had a lot of people around me. But, I really didn't   call them  my friends, they where all just around me for the favours they could get. I didn't need it honestly, I  preferred to stay on my own.

      Sam being an exception of course.

      The only thing I was  fully dedicated to was basketball. I loved basketball so much, it was something I and my dad bonded over and as much as I hated him I couldn't believe I would have to quit playing too.

      Anna strolled over just as I was pulling out the last stack of books in my locker. A bunch of love cards fell out from one and I rolled my eyes throwing them into the nearest wastebasket.

      "Bullseye" Sam exclaimed as the cards fell in,while I did a dramatic hand roll in response.

       This was why we were friends.

          "I guess I can still use my skills after all" I grinned at Sam and he nodded with a smile.

       "Sorry to all those girls that wrote those letters. Maybe as you leave, you should try not be such an ass"

        This was why I didn't stick with one girl.

      "Okay that's enough" I said cutting her off as she crossed her hands dramatically tilting her head to the side as she stared at me. "I didn't ask you"

       "You could have had the decency to actually dispose of them properly" she replied clearly pissed.

    What was she doing here anyway?

     "Well that's what his basketball skills are for" Sam defended nudging my arms while waving his brows at Anna.

       "I grinned and nodded while Anna just rolled her eyes, kissed Sam goodbye and left while muttering "jerks"

      I let out a small laugh turning to face sam. "I honestly don't know how you could stand her"

        Sam chuckled dryly. "I don't too, She's a drama queen's grandmother. But, I just can't imagine not having her in my life" He turned to me, "you get what I mean?"

        "Umm grandmother?"

      "Yes! like she's higher than a drama queen" Sam replied proudly like he had just thought of the best thing ever.

      "Ummm nope, I don't get it" I replied quicky closing my locker and  flinging my bag over my shoulder.

   "And I'm honestly not interested in this conversation. I don't need anymore drama in my life"

        The real question was how did I stand him?

     And before he could respond, I picked up the box smilling at his pouting face, before trolling off to the entrance of our school with Sam leaping right behind me.

       Typical Sam.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote.
Tee girl:⁠-⁠)