Chapter 31

MIKE'S POV

I was currently taking a shower in the locker room after long hours of vigorous practice. Coach kept encouraging us to practice in anticipation of the state's competition next year and we were all pretty hyped up.

I could hear Lyon calling out for me from the locker room, but I was too lazy to respond. "Mike?" he called out entering into the shower room and I could hear someone's towel flap

"Ewww I'm not attracted to you....you don't need to do that" I heard him say and it made me snicker.

"You're here" he stated happily as he  yanked my curtain open.

"Go away" I complained trying to close the curtain.

"I have something for you" he giggled excitedly like a child. "I'll give it on the way"

"Why are you so excited?" I questioned looking at him with glee.

"I like giving you stuff" he chuckled while I scanned him staring as his Jersey outlined his arm muscles.

You're wierd" I commented in a dull voice trying to mask my excitement.

He looked like he was about to say something when Luke walked in and stood besides Lyon. "You guys should take this somewhere else" he said with a disgusted look on his face making Lyon smack him.

"Go away and stop looking at my man" he said pulling the curtains back over the door.

"Oh, so now you cover it" I scoffed rolling eyes and I could hear Luke laugh.

"I'll be waiting for you in the car then" he replied and a few seconds later, I could no longer see his legs from under the curtains.

I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me as I continued scrubbing the sweat away from hair.

I heard a few of the guys come in, and after some minutes of eavesdropping, I realized they were talking about Lyon's and I sponsorships. Coach had publicly announced it much to my dismay, and since then that was all anybody could talk about.

"This has never happened before. Don't you think so?" One of the guys asked- his voice sounding familiar.

"I think Lyon used his family's influence to get both of them sponsored" another said and I could hear grunts of approval.

"No-no" the third one cut them off. "I heard his father is in jail" he said and I could hear them sneakering. My blood boiled.

"What for?" Another one asked

"For fraud" he replied again laughing. "Like father like son" he concluded and they all burst out laughing.

That was it.

I pulled my towel off the rack wrapping it around my waist before matching out. I looked up in surprise to see Ben standing there among the boys. He had always been trying to suck up to Lyon and now he was here talking about him . It was so pathetic.

"His boyfriend is here" the last one mocked on seeing me, and I gave a small cheeky smile before slamming my folded fist imto his face.

He howled in pain holding unto his mouth, but he didn't go down without a fight. And without warning, he sprang back up punching me exactly where I had hit him.

"Look at you acting all important after that stunt you both pulled. Don't think it's any different" he spat. "He's gonna dump you like he dumped all those other girls" he concluded bitterly and I just lost it.

I pounced on him punching him with all the strength I could muster, even tho my face was aching so much. Ben and the other boy quietly stood in the corner watching as we exchanged punches and eventually I was being pulled away by Lyon.