chapter 6

MIKE'S POV

       Dinner went on as usual. Well apart from Lyon staring daggers at me, but I just ignored him and kept eating my food quietly.

     "Why didn't't you tell me Mike played basketball?" Lyon asked angrily out of the blue.

     "I thought we were all learning to mind our business?" I fired back returning the gaze.

     "I wasn't talking to you clown"

      I got up angrily glaring at him. "You think you're so cool for this stupid attitude you put up all the time? No you're an asshole that is hurting those that care about you alot" I pointed at his mum and ran a hand through my hair.

       "I've been avoiding you all this time but you still had to find a way to make things a big deal. Grow up dude"

        I left the table angrily and locked my door against me for the rest of the night. I could hear Mum and Jane came to knock severally but I ignored them. I really just wanted to be alone at the moment.

        I missed my home and my peaceful life, where everything was so simple and I didn't have to be in petty feuds with anyone. I called Sam and complained about Lyon and how I had a hard time adjusting. We talked a while longer catching up on everything that's been going on and after a while, I fell asleep.

        I woke up to a loud knocking at my door. Yawning, I checked the time realizing it was 7:05 and classes started at 8. I sprinted off the bed and ran to open the door, revealing an angry Jane and an unbothered Lyon at the door.

        "I heard that you barely made it to class on time yesterday" she said as soon as I opened the door,  and I glared at Lyon muttering SNITCH.

       "So today, you guys are going to school together. And I don't care what this whole feud is between you too, you guys stay in the same house so you'll go to school together and that's final!" She left leaving the door open and I could see she was really upset.

      I looked back at Lyon, and slammed the door in his face to go get ready. I was pissed that he had snitched on me, but there was nothing I could do anyways. I didn't want Jane to get more upset.

        I settled into the passenger side of Lyon's car, and rolling my eyes at the situation. Both of us where clearly not comfortable and I hated the tension between us.

      Even though we didn't say a word to each other, the he hatred we had was so deafening as he slowly backed up the car, driving out.

       He drove like an old man. Well that's funny, considering that yesterday it seemed he was auditioning for 'fast and furious' with the way he drove past me.

     "Can you drive faster?" I questioned irritatedly. He didn't reply, he just turned on the music and drove faster. Whatever. The faster we got to school, the better.

      The drive was short and I pretty much sprinted away from the car into the school building. I'd gotten my books yesterday and had cleared out my locker so I was pretty much set for the week.

         "Hiii" James screamed from across the halls as he saw me. I waved back at him, hushing him as he got to where I was standing.

        "I don't like  the attention attention. I'm already creaped out as it is" I said looking around at all the girls staring at me and I shuddered.

       He laughed and wrapped his hands around my shoulder leading me to class. I guess he grew a new habit.

        "Are you prepared for Friday?" He asked smiling.