Chapter 3

MIKE'S POV

        "I'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm supposed to be the one comforting you  in times like this, but instead I made you feel worse I'm really sorry and I-"

        "You don't have to be anything Mike"she replied cutting me off as she  threw her hands around me, and I just broke down.

        I was hurting so much.

      "I know how much this is affecting you, but we just can't stay. It's only going to get worse. She continued. "Plus you don't have to act strong all the time son. You're only 17, and you still have alot of time ahead to be the man"

      Sniffing I pulled out from the hug holding her hands, "I love you mum. We have to stick together, don't ever forget that."

        "I love you too" she replied smilling brightly.

      After a few minutes, I pulled  my hands away frowning. "See you've made me all mushy" I whined and she rolled her eyes at me making me smile. "what's the update on the move?

       She sighed looking around at the almost empty house. "This house is finally sold, so we are definitely leaving tomorrow. I've also filled the tank for the journey tomorrow"

       "Okay"

        "We also need to leave on time because I want you to be settled down before Monday so you can start at your new school. I've already made arrangements with Jane and Lyon so you'll join him" she added glaring at me as she said the word Time

       "Wait...who is Lyon? And Jane?" I questioned making mum glance up at me before "ohing"

      "Sorry.. Jane is my friend, the one I said we were going to be staying with, and Lyon is her son. You're both in the same class and you'll be attending school together.

       "I don't need a babysitter" I whined throwing my head back.

      Rolling her eyes, she held my hands again "I know, but you don't know your way around yet so you'll need someone to show you around" she paused. "I also have a suprise for you"

      My eyes lit up as she said that, I really needed some good news at this point. "There is a basketball club at this school, the odds right?"

      My eyes fell immediately."Mum, I'm pretty sure they don't have trials by this time of the year. And I'm sure they already have everyone they need right now" I replied quietly

      "If you'd allowed me to finish" she rolled her eyes and continued. "I was just about to say, your principal and coach put in a good word for you and the new coach accepted to let you try out. I'm pretty sure you'll beat it"

      A wide smile spread across my face and I hugged her tightly."Thank you so much, I love you" I kissed her cheek severally before running towards my room to tell Sam everything.

      "And Mike?" She called out. I smiled turning back to look at her

       "Hmmm?"

       "Wake up early tomorrow. We're leaving very early"

        My smile dropped.

                       **********

        The whole of our trunk and the back seat were completely filled with boxes and bags. I clossed the trunk after putting the last set of luggage inside. Adjusting the straps of my watch I see it was already 11:30. So much for leaving early in the morning.

         "Mum don't you think I should drive?" I asked looking back at the pier as we pull out of our driveway.

        "It's only a three hours drive and you probably don't know the way yet. She replied and I scoffed adjusting my seatbelt.

        "You win but just this time" I replied with a smile making her chuckle.

       She turned the music up singing along to what was playing. I turned to look at her with a broad smile on my face. She was the strongest person I knew and I would do everything to make her happy.

      Finally settling down, I turned to the window, the sunlight stinging my eyes. I groaned turning to the other side trying to find a comfortable position.

       When I was more relaxed I picked up my phone to text Sam.

      Me: I'm leaving already

    Sam: I thought you said you still had alot of things to pack?

    Me: Sam. That was 2 hours ago

    Sam: oh shit, I'm really sorry. It's just that my dad told me to help him clear out the yard

     Me: it's okay.
          I'll text you when I'm settled in my new place.

       Sam: okay
             goodluck with everything.

      I put the phone back in my pocket and joined mum to hum along with the music that was currently playing. She put a hand on mine squeezing it in assurance. And after a few minutes, I dozed off.

      I was really tired.

    The blaring of horns startled me from my sleep, and I sat up hissing as harsher sun rays entered my eyes. I immediately brought down the sun visor to reduce the brightness.

      "Mum what's going on" I questioned rubbing my eyes.

     "Did I wake you?" She asked looking at me. "Sorry. There's a little traffic here"

      "Oh" I nodded smoothening my roughed up hair and picking up my phone, "3:45". So much for three hours.

      "You can just go back to sleep we're almost there"she continued waving me back.

     "It's okay, I'm fine" I sat up trying to get where the fuck we actually where.

     Well this was one of those days.

     A boring 30 minutes car ride later, we entered town and the difference wasn't as big as I expected. Sure there where a lot more people, but I felt I could easily blend in.

     I caught her studying me from the corner of her eyes and I huffed.
"You like it don't you " she nudged me with one of her arms

     "Mum you're driving" I replied and rested unto the back of my chair. "Let's get to the house first, and I'll see if I like it"

    she grinned. "You will"

     The drive to the house was shorter, and at about 4:10, we where driving down a rich looking neighborhood. It was my turn to grin.

      "You didn't tell me your friend was rich"

        "You didn't ask" she fired back and I raised a brow at her.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ouuu I'm so excited (⁠^⁠^⁠)

please vote.
Teegirl:⁠-⁠)