chaper 11

I have no knowledge about basketball! I'm just doing small research and stuff so please don't judge(⁠^⁠^⁠)

MIKE'S POV

The bleachers was filled to the brim as students, parents and well wishers of both schools filled the court. Our school was hosting this year and I was surprised at how much they took this seriously.

We where currently standing in the middle of the court looking ackwardly at our opponents as the officials and coaches where arguing about something in a corner. The auditorium filled with whispers about what the argument was about and I could see some people were already getting impatient.

After a few minutes, the argument ended and coach used his hand to gesture us over to our end, we quickly circled around him curious as to what was going on.

"Swinson's Coach was trying to remove Mike from the game, claiming that we couldn't bring a player in the middle of the session" he sighed looking at me. "I've resolved it, do your best and don't let this affect you. That also goes to the rest of you" he pointed at the others nodding. "I believe in you, go out there and make me proud"

"Yes sir" we chanted in unison ad we all jogged back to our positions. I saw that coach looked stressed, he had bags under his eyes and was sweating profusely. He brought out a face towel whipping his sweaty head. He caught my eye and nodded at me,I nodded back. I could do this!

The coach of Swinson glared at me and I raised my brow at him. I understood why coach wanted us to beat this school so bad, they were so rude. Even thier players had these smug looks on thier faces, well I was about to wipe it off. The whistle went off and the game started immediately

"Mike Anthony, steals the ball, YES! What a way to open the game for the Wild Cats! The Wild Cats for the first time in a long time takes an early lead!" The commentator's voice booms through the speakers as students of our school cheered for us.

The game kept going for a while and it looked like we had a fair shot this time, although the other school was very good too and was ahead of us by a few points.

Lyon was better than I thought, he had just scored the points that put us in a tie with Swinson, it was two minutes left in the game and I decided it was now or never.

"It's down to the wire here in the fourth quarter! Both teams are playing their hearts out, but it's anyone's game at this point. Williams Miller with the ball, but oh he passes to...." Williams looked between I and lyon, he looks at the ticking timer, a minute left. He passes the ball to me and I grab it heading towards the basket"

Mike Anthony! He drives towards the basket... YES! He makes the shot! The crowd is going wild! The wild cats take the lead in a split second"

Cheers erupted in the auditorium as the game to an end. Coach looked beyond happy, he was ecstatic. He ran towards us and pulled the five of us into a group hug.

The other guys in our team screamed at us as we entered the locker room, "that was sick!" Luke shouted hugging me.

"Yeah that's true" the others nodded supporting him. "Thankfully you made the shot in time" I grinned as they complimented me.

" Yeah, Will passed the ball to me anyways, and Lyon scored the tie points, also James and John did alot of work too" I chin pointed at the rest of the sweaty team and they smilled.

I spent sometime arranging the stuff in my locker, I finally grabbed my towel wrapping it around my waist and headed towards the bathroom. I got in and heard two guys arguing. So, I decided to stay still to overhear the conversation.

"You know coach's been favouring him more lately. Why didn't you pass the ball over to me so I could prove myself?" That was definitely Lyon's voice, and I guess he was confronting Williams about the game.

"You don't need to prove yourself, we all know you're a good player Lyon.i  was doing what was best for the team" Will replied sounding tired of the conversation.

"You don't think I could have scored the winning shot?" Lyon argued on

"O-of course I do. It's just, Mike is also good? And I felt he had a higher chance" Then there was silence. "look I know you really want that scholarship but you're filthy rich, you honestly don't need it"

"Don't fucking tell me what I need" Lyon boomed. I heard footsteps so I ducked into of the empty stalls to hide as he walked pass my stall angrily. This boy never changes does he?

"What's his problem?" I heard Luke mummble as he entered the bathroom, he must have met Lyon on his way in. "Hey man, you know what's up with Lyon?" He asked Williams who was obviously was still here.

   There was no reply and seconds later, I saw another set of legs leave. I sighed in relief turning on the shower, and just as I did, Luke yanked my curtain open.

    "Dude you scared me" he stated dramatically, putting a hand on his chest and I glared at him. "Oh oh sorry, I'm going you your privacy" he closed the curtains and left mumbling about what was wrong with everyone.

Scholarship? What scholarship were they talking about? And why the fuck would Lyon need a scholarship? I questioned mentally before shrugging  it off as I took a quick shower. I wanted to catch the guys before they all left.

As I entered the room John ran up to me smilling broadly. "What?" I questioned looking around the room suspiciously.

"I'm excited for the party tonight, it's gonna be lit"

I furrowed my brows, "what party" He laughed and turned around looking to the other guys

"You're joking right?"

"I'm obviously not.who's throwing a party?"

"Bro, it's literally being held in your house, I can't believe you didn't even know about it" he put his fist in his mouth trying to hide his laugher, like that helped.

"Ohhhh...I get it now" I nodded. "Sure I'll be there" the boys looked at me like I'd just lost my head. I shrugged "What?"

"It's just wierd you didn't know about a party going on in your house" I narrowed my eyes at him. Are these boys ignorant or just plain dumb? I and lyon have never said a word to each other In school since I'd resumed.

I turned towards my locker to get what I needed. "It's complicated" I flung my bag over my shoulder and patted John's back. "See you there"

I got to the house and quickly ran to mum's room, I knocked but there was no reply. I checked on Jane too, but she wasn't there. I walked back to Lyon's room Knocking frantically.

"What??" He came into view looking very tired

"Where's everybody? I checked on Jane and mum, nobody's home"

"They're out until tomorrow. He paused. "You have a phone don't you? Try calling them instead of bothering me" he tried slamming the door but I held unto it.

"I'm not done talking" I said glaring at him, he raised a brow at me and scuffed.

"I am" he tried closing the door again but I tightened my grip. I sighed scratching my forehead.

"You're throwing a party in our house and you didn't even tell me?"

"It's MY house, I can do whatever I want in it. Plus it's just a small celebratory shiit for the guys. I don't even know why I'm explaining anything to you , don't come if you don't want to" he successfully removed the door from my grasp and slammed the door on my face.

I ran a hand through my hair as I turned towards my room completely ignoring the drama that'd just took place. "What to wear, what to wear, what to wear" I mumbled entering my room.

Yeah Mike pick a very nice outfit...cuss tonight is gonna be hot ;⁠-⁠)

Smut alert in the next chapter:⁠^⁠)

Please vote.
Teegirl:⁠-⁠)