Chapter 8

MIKE'S POV

      Friday was finally here. I was in the middle of the court, all eyes on me as I was set to compete against their best players full panic mode.

       What if I got nervous and flop? I squeezed my palm together and listened to the rules I had heard a 100 times before, the whistle went off and the game started. My fear was quickly replaced with the ecstasy I felt whenever I played, and very soon i had scored so many points for my team. Coach seperated us into two teams to play a small game against each other. But the court was full because everyone wanted to see the hot new guy play.

       Adrenaline rushed through me as people cheered for me. I could see the coach scribbling some things down in his note and nodding. After a while, the game came to an end and my team won with over 8 points. James immediately ran up me and hug jumped me I smilled and looked around for Lyon.

         Lyon was supposed to play against me cause apparently he was one of the best player here, but he was a no show.

       "That was so amazing bro, I was rooting for you" James looked happier than I was, it mad my heart swell up so much that so I hugged him. Just then, coach motioned for me to come over. I waved James goodbye and jogged to where he was standing.

       "You did well", he shook me and I smiled. "But you need to work on your passes, you are a good player but at this level  you're going to be judged as a team in competitions and not individually. I nodded and smiled.

       "I'll work on that coach. I am allowed to call you that right?"

        He smiled. "Welcome to the WILD CATS Mike Anthony" he shook my hand and my smiles spread like fireworks. He handed me a jersey set and i headed back to the bleachers to pick my bag.

        "Hi" I looked up and saw a pretty girl holding a sign. "I was rooting for you". I nodded at her,  mirroring her smile.

        "Thank you, but what are you still doing here? It's getting pretty dark" I looked up at the sky.

        "Well, I wanted to meet you"  I nodded and ushered her Infront of me as we strolled out of the court. I hadn't had any hookups recently because I'd been busy too with practice.

        "Could you give me your number? maybe we can get to know each other over dinner or something" I smiled and give her my number. Of course I knew there wasnt going to be dinner or something. I called a for her and waved her goodbye.

     At home, I rushed in hugging my mum. She had just come out from the kitchen mouth full of breadcrumbs. I smilled cleaning them off, the look on her face was priceless.

      "I made it mum, I'm so happy" I whispered excitedly.

     She beamed, "I knew you would get in" Nodding I bring out the jersey from my bag like an excited child.
"It's really nice" she pulled me in for a hug and I melt in her arms. I hadn't been this excited about something in a while.I quickly went up to shower and change.

       Andrea, the pretty girl who had collected my number kept texting me every two seconds and I sighed. This is exactly why I don't commit. I texted her back and took a long deserved shower.

       After, I ran down to take permission from mum and Jane if I could bring Andrea over, I really needed to let off some steam and it was the perfect chance.

       "Hi mum" I pecked her. "Hi Jane"

      "Congratulations" she beamed, and I nodded

       "I'll like to take permission to invite a friend over" Mum raised an eyebrow knowingly and I smilled.

      "You literally just came here and you've started  having hooking ups?"

       "Muummm" I mumbled and pinched her laps sheepishly earning a smack. Jane just smilled and shrugged.

        "Fine, I don't mind. Lyon does it all the time and he doesn't even ask for permission.

        "Mum you see?" I nudged her and smiled to Jane. "Thanks". I picked an apple off the counter and texted Andrea the address.

        As I reached the top of the stairs I heard Jane call out to me so I turned to look at her. "Make sure to use a condom"

        "W-what the fuck?" I smiled and quickly went to my room. That was really creapy.

      Thirty minutes later Andrea texted me that she was Infront of our house, I ran out to usher in without alerting Jane watching a movie in the sitting room.

     I took her upstairs quickly cause Jane looked like she could say something sarcastic any minute. We lay on my bed giggling about something funny that she'd said.

         "Are you enjoying your stay here?" She asked getting serious

         "Kind off, but I still miss my old life"

        She smilled and brushed off the  strands of hair on my face and placed soft kisses on my forehead. "I'm here for you"

         I turned to her looking all serious, "Andrea I don't commit, like never ever. Don't think oh you'll be able to change me or some shiit it won't work" She looked at me a little sad.

         "Okay....but we could still be friends right"

           "Sure. Of course". I kissed her gently in response and she smilled

                   *.            *.              *

       It was almost time for dinner, and I ushered Andrea out my room before Jane and mum had a chance to interrogate her. She laughed at how fast I was ushering her out, after I'd told her what Jane had said before she came. I opened the door for her and carefully led her outside.

       As we stepped out, we where met face to face with an angry Lyon staring daggers at both of us, I looked between the two of them and smilled this was going to be interesting.

Yay for drama (⁠^⁠^⁠) what do you think is gonna to be the back story of Andrea and Lyon?

Please vote, follow, comment.
Teegirl :⁠-⁠)