Chaper 7

LYON'S POV

       I was really not excited about anyone coming to stay with us. We had just gone through a rough patch at home, and I was trying to adjust without dad.

       So my mum coming to tell me I needed to take care of Mike, was a whole lot annoying that it should have been.

        But, the person I saw didn't look like he needed taking care of. He was almost the same height as me and  had an athletic build. If anything I felt threatened, what if he overthrew me in school?

       At home I was a mess, and the only place I felt I was on top of things was in school. I literally had every girl drooling over me, I was set to become the new basketball captain after Williams, and it was the only place I could truly be myself and not try to pretend like everything was okay.

       I entered my room, and picked up the only family picture still left in our house after mum had thrown out everything that concerned dad. She hated his guts, but I still loved him. He understood me more than anyone ever had.

        My mother? She only cared about Kelly, my older sister.
"Why don't you get straight A's like Kelly. Why don't you keep to the curfew like Kelly? Or why aren't you as organized as Kelly ?"

        It made me avoid her at all costs, but dad? He was the only one that stood up for me and encouraged me to pursue sports if I really wanted. Mum wouldn't stop nagging, and only until she saw I had a chance of getting a sports scholarship did she finally let me play In peace.

        Mike just came into my house, and he was already getting along so well with mum. Something I've yearned for my whole life. I felt bad when mum bragged about him to me and how I should try to get along with him.

     I decided to do just the opposite to spite her.

       I made him feel very unwelcomed.  Not sure how that went, but it made me feel like I was still in charge. Shitty I know, but I am shitty person.

        When coach called me and told me I needed to step up my game, because when he looked at Mike's past records, Mike's had a higher chance bagging the scholarship I broke. I didn't have money problems, I just wanted to prove to mum that I was worth something.

        He was clueless about everything, but it still hurt so much that someone could come and get everything I had
worked hard for in a platter of gold.

        The guys constantly compared us, every girl at school called us the hot brothers. Everywhere I went and  everything I did just had to be linked to him, I was sick of it . So sick I had forgotten to tell him about tryouts on Friday, but with the look in his eyes he thought I did it on purpose.

          As I saw James take him towards the court, I texted Briana. I didn't want  to be confronted by him again so I decided to skip practice.

         She replied almost immediately and grinned at me as she got to where I stood. We went out together and I took her to the park just at the back of school. It was famous in our school  for being a nice place to hookup.

         I didn't like the park though, it was to public and messy. But there was a small path through the park that led to a small lake at the end of it. I loved going there, especially when I needed to clear my head like right now  so I  decided to take Briana there. 

          We got there laughing, and out of breath as we both collapsed on the grass laughing about something Briana was telling me.

          I rested backwards using my elbows for support. "You look stressed" Briana said concerned as she ran her hands through my bright blonde hair. I smile

        "Yeah I am. I thought when Kelly left for college, I'll be free from all this comparisons and shiit. But I guess I'm clearly not" I laughed bitterly.

      "I'm sorry lye" and I smilled slightly. She called me by a nickname she'd given to me when we were like ten. She was my childhood friend, and the only person that could suck up to my cocky attitude. "Well enough of being sad, we're here to have fun aren't we?" She smilled and I nodded.

         She kissed me  fiercely without warning, shoving her tongue down my mouth. I let her in, my tongue immediately taking control. She pushed me down fully on the ground and straddled me. I moaned as she rubbed herself against my groin. I  took control, flipping her over  and trying to unbutton her blouse.

    She stopped me, "what happened to your mouth"

   .      I rolled my eyes at her,  " I don't want to talk about it"

          "But it looks pretty bad" I hissed getting of her.

           "I told you I don't want to talk about it"

       She shrugged and tried to continue kissing me, but I was already in a bad mood. I stood up wearing my shirt as she looked up at me confused.

     .   "I'm going home" she didn't reply and looked away angrily. " I picked up my bag flinging it over my shoulder
"I'll text you later" she just huffed and rolled her eyes, I honestly wasn't ready to deal with it right now, so I ignored the look on her face and walked away leaving her there.

     .    I got home, and as usual mum tried to act like she cared. She asked about my mouth but Ignored her, She'd never cared about what happened to me before, so why should she bother to start now.

       I went up to my  room to prepare my shower, but the the sound of a ball bouncing on the floor of  my basketball court cut me off.  The court same court I hadn't played in for over five months, ever since my dad got arrested?

         I frowned and looked out the window, there could only be one culprit and I was right. Why did he keep messing with me? He looked up and saw me watching him I tried to duck but already saw me, he smilled up at me and continued playing.

          Surprised, I slowly retreated away from the window to check in  the mirror if there was something on my face, but I was greeted by my smilling face instead.  Why was I smilling?

How do we tell him that Mike's smile was not genuine >⁠.⁠<
we've finally seen what's going on in Lyon's head. He's not a bad kid just a confused one.

Please vote.
Teegirl:⁠-⁠)