Chapter 22

MIKE'S POV

       As the bus pulled into the hotel parking lot coming to a stop, I practically ran out of the bus.

         I was so hot, and wanted nothing more than to take a cold shower. We'd gone to the state's gymnasium to check out the court and plan our strategies, also to submit the forms Lyon gave us last night so we could all be registered as players for this game.

        I thought it'll just be a short meeting but we ended up staying for over six hours with coach's insistence on practicing. It was currently a few minutes after three (3) and we were just dismissed to have some "US" time before the game tomorrow.

 .     I was about to go into the hotel lobby when James grabbed my hand, stopping me."You promised to go uphill with me today remember?"

        "Urggg..do I have to?" I moaned throwing my head back.

        "Yes! Now let's go before the girls all go home" he said pulling me away to the opposite direction. Why me?

          We finally got there after about twenty five (25) minutes of walking, revealing a a small bridge overlooking a building where cheerleaders often practiced. So we could see them from the top.

     "Isn't this like illegal?" I asked turning to look at James.

     "Nahh, the girls always expect us, especially during the gaming season"he replied totally engrossed in their routine. I on the other hand wasn't interested, I was so thirsty I could drink a river.

       "You're thirsty?" He asked turning to look at me

       "D-did I say that out loud?" I asked with a smile and he nodded. "Yeah, I'm so fucking thirsty" I yawned

        "O-okay" he said reluctantly, "since I brought you here I'll go buy you a drink"

       "But isn't the nearest store like twenty minutes from here?" I asked looking down the path we just came.

      "Yeah...but I'll go get it" he said quickly adjusting his jacket. "I'll be back in a few minutes"

     As I watched him go, Lyon's words replayed in my head. "think about it, does James act the way other guys on the team act around you? He's always offering to drive you places, always wrapping his hands around you"

       Why would he offer to walk down twenty five (25) minutes plus just to get me a drink? Did he bring me here to confess? My mind was racing trying to wrap my head around the fact that James could like me when someone tapped me from behind.

       "How are you back so_" but I  stopped mid tracks when I saw it was Lyon standing there instead. "Are you stalking me?" I asked with a scuff.

       "Maybe" he replied cheerfully walking over to stand besides me. "You know this is illegal right?" He commented looking down at the girls.

         "It's not your business" I replied rolling my eyes and he sighed.

         "Mike I'm sorry. I know I deserve all these treatments cause I've been a douche to you ever since you arrived here, but I'm willing to prove myself if you'll give me a chance" he said looking at me intently. I smiled looking away so he couldn't see.

        "Yeah, you're a douche" I finally said looking back at at him.

          "Yeah-wait-w-what?" He asked and I laughed.

       "You said you're a douche and I'm backing it up"

        "No you're supposed to go....no you're not I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding" he said trying to mimick my voice.