Chapter Two

Monday morning finally came. A week had felt like forever. Jamie had kept his word, we talked all the time, and he called or FaceTimed me every night until we both fell asleep and one of our alarms woke each other up for school, or practice. 

I can't wait to see you behind that bench, pretty girl. Wait for me in the upper concourse after the game. I have something for you.

I smiled at his text that he left for me when he hung up the call this morning. They drove up from Erie that morning so he had to be up and at the arena for 6:30am since they had a three hour drive ahead of the 2pm starting time.

i'm so excited to see you. i have something for you too :)

I sent the message and put my phone down. I went to the shower and turned it on, hopping in when it got warm enough. By the time I got out and back to my room after showering and brushing my teeth there was another text from Jamie.

It better just be your pretty face

I smiled and bit my lip a little bit.

well, that too i guess. in which case yours better just be your handsome face. get a goal for me today, ok?

I set my phone down again, and hung my towel up on my closet door before getting dressed. I put on a pair of black Lululemon leggings, and a tight blue long sleeve shirt with a v-neck. I was planning on putting my newly signed Drysdale jersey on over top when I was ready. I proceeded to put on my makeup. I put on my primer, eyeshadow, foundation, contour, blush, mascara and filled my eyebrows in before using my setting spray. I put on my necklace with a hockey stick dangling from it, a couple rings and my warm & cozy body spray from pink. I put the jersey on overtop and stood in the mirror for a minute, deciding if I like the look. Which, I didn't. I decided to change into a pair of dark wash ripped skinny jeans wth cuffs at the bottom. I liked the outfit a lot better now, so I grabbed my phone and my purse and headed down the stairs. I opened my phone and there was a text from Callie.

Coffee first? x 

It has been a ritualistic thing all season for pre-game starbucks at the Rangers, which is apparently not a changing even to other hockey games.

Most definitely, my treat for driving!

I texted back. I grabbed the package of bagels from the pantry, putting one in the toaster. I finally opened my snapchat for the first time today and there was one waiting from Jamie from this morning. I opened it to see him in a light blue suit 'game day fit' he said. I smiled and ran upstairs to my room, sending him back a mirror picture also saying 'game day fit'. I sent it and smiled, looking at the location on snap maps he was already at the arena, so the lack of the response was because of already working with the team. I ran back downstairs to my bagel popping, so I pulled it out and spread the cream cheese on, scarfing it down as fast as possible. Almost as soon as I finished there was a knock at the door. 

"Can I please use your washroom before we leave?" Callie asked my mom as she answered the door. I could hear my mom laughing.

"Of course, Callie." She said letting her in. 

"Hi Sky, one minute." She said running upstairs to the washroom. I laughed and walked to the entrance way, putting my vans on an tying them up. "Okay now I'm ready." Callie said as she got back downstairs. 

"Alright, bye mom I'll see you later!" I yelled as we left the house and got into the car. 

"So, is he excited?" Callie asked.

"He is, he said he has something for me." I told her, blushing a little bit. 

"That's so cute." She said. She handed me her phone to turn on a good playlist for the 45 minute drive to the arena, plus the stop at Starbucks. I put on her playlist that was a mix of Taylor Swift and One Direction, it's been known as our game hype playlist. We got to Starbucks and order our drinks in the drive through. Callie got a vanilla latte and I just got a black iced coffee with caramel. We began our journey, singing and dancing throughout the whole ride. We got to the arena and texted Claire and Oakley if they were here yet. They live about 5 minutes away rom each other so they carpooled as well. Claire answered Callie saying they were just finding parking, and they ended up right behind us in the lot. We all got out and started walking into the arena. I pulled out my phone where the tickets were, and of course as soon as I told Jamie to not buy the tickets because the four of us were going to go he bought all four tickets right behind the bench.