Chapter Four

"Skyler Cowen!" Michael Vukojevic yelled at me as I passed through the Kitchener Rangers dressing room area.

"Vuks?" I asked confused, Mikey was probably my best friend from the Rangers.

"You're cheating on us." He simple said, Reid, Declan, and Joe came up to us.

"Huh?" I asked.

"When were you going to tell us that you're dating an Otter?" Reid asked me, putting his hands on his hips very dramatically.

"Uh, I don't know that I was ever going to directly say it." I told them.

"And why not?" Joe asked me.

"I don't know, I didn't think I would need to?" I asked. I walked into the dressing room for the mini game kids and started getting it all set up, the four boys followed me in.

"I love Jamie, I feel like one of you should've told me." Mike said as he sat down on one of the wooden benches along the walls. "I had to find out by both of you posting a picture of you mackin' on each other."

"You're being very dramatic, Vuks." I said, smiling at him.

"Well you're cheating on the Rangers." Declan responded.

"I still don't understand how I'm cheating on the team."

"Because if you get with anyone it's supposed to be on the team you work for, not one of our divisional rivals, no matter how great Jamie is." Reid told me. I finished setting out all the jerseys for the kids to wear and starting setting out the clappers at every seat on the bench.

"Skyler, I'm just saying that I better be invited to the wedding." Vuks said, making me laugh.

"When he started talking about the new girl he was seeing I was not expecting her to be one of our game ops people." Reid added.

"Oh shut up, it's not a big deal."

"Oh yeah? We go to the same high school, I know exactly what people have been saying. It's a huge deal to everyone that you're dating a top NHL prospect." Joe told me.

"What? What have people been saying?" I asked. All the boys looked back and forth at each other.

"Nothing bad!" Joe exclaimed. "People are just impressed for the most part."

"Yeah okay, we'll I'm done here so good luck on the game." I told them and left the room. I wasn't sure how to take anything they just told me.We lost the game pretty badly but I wasn't heartbroken.

"I had the weirdest conversation with a couple of the players today." I said in a break on the video call with Jamie after I got home.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" Jamie asked, putting down his laptop.

"Vuks, Reid, Declan, and Joe were telling me that I was apparently cheating on the team because we're together." I said with a small laugh. Jamie chuckled.

"Yeah that sounds like them." He said.

"That's all you have to say about it?" I asked.

"I mean kinda? It's not their problem, I think Mikey is probably more upset that I asked you to be my girlfriend before I asked him." I laughed with him this time.

"Well, he did make sure to say that he loves you." I added. He laughed even more.

"We do have a very intimate romance going on, he is truly the love of my life." I gasped.

"Oh yeah? And what am I?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. There was a pause.

"I did not think this far ahead." Jamie said after about two minutes of silence. I laughed at him, his eyes made him look guilty. "I'm not getting out of this one that easy, am I?" He asked, pursing his lips together.