Chapter Sixteen

"Jamie have you seen my laptop charger?" I asked him, searching through our room everywhere.

"I saw it at the kitchen island last, my love." He responded, coming out of the bathroom. We got home late last night from the cottage, it was a great trip with everyone and I must say that it was really nice hanging out with and getting to know his friends a lot better. I ran downstairs to check the kitchen to see if my charger was there, I had my first meeting with the Ducks Management in half an hour, and I couldn't decide if I was nervous, excited, or going to throw up or not. It was an insane mix of emotions. I was shaking and also completely fine, I was on the verge of throwing up and all I wanted was to eat something. This was the official start to my career and all I could think about was how to not fuck it up. I ran but upstairs, not finding my charger.

"I can't find it." I said, annoyed and stressed now.

"I'll look downstairs again, it's okay." Jamie said, trying to put my mind at ease, knowing how stressed out I was. I sat on the bed, my legs dangling off the edge, resting my head in my hands. 

"I found it, pretty girl." Jamie said, coming back into our room with my charger in hand. "My dad apparently stole it for his since he left his at work over the weekend." I sighed, relieved that I didn't have to do the meeting on my phone. 

"Thank you so much, baby." I said, standing up extremely fast, practically running over to him. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and took the charger over to the desk, plugging my laptop in. 

"Don't stress out, baby, it's going to be fine, I promise you." Jamie said, putting his arms around me and giving me a tight hug. 

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Of course, they're going to love you. You're going to help make this the best game in the league to go to." Jamie said, kissing the top of my head. "How about we go get you a snack from downstairs before the meeting starts and grab you a drink, okay?" He asked. I nodded, the lump in my throat slowly fading away. We walked downstairs and went to the kitchen, sifting through the cupboards to try and find something quick. All I found was a bad of Pop-corners so I put a couple handfuls into a bowl for me and one for Jamie as well. I walked over to grab a cup and some more coffee, but Jamie already had one ready for me, filled to the brim. 

"Thank you." I said. He smiled and nodded, grabbing one of the bowls on the table. 

"No, thank you." He said happily. We walked back upstairs together and sat down for the now 10 minutes that I had before the meeting. "So, what's this meeting about anyways?" He asked.

"Not actually sure, I think it might just be a preliminary get to know what the team does and whatnot, but we'll find out in a bit, I guess." I said. 

"Yeah, sounds about right. Are you going to talk?"

"If I'm talked to, yeah." I said. "I don't want to make it a big deal." I said.

"That's okay, just don't be shy, they like outgoing people. I'll go downstairs and let you get ready and set up for the meeting." He said. He stood up and kissed me passionately. "You're going to kick ass, I am so proud of you and I love you so much." He said, kissing me again before leaving the room. I sighed and push myself up from the bed, walking over to the desk and opening my laptop. I also opened a notebook, not knowing if I'd need it or not. I joined the meeting link and waited for a couple seconds to be let into the room. When I joined, it was just me and Bob, soon two more men and one woman joined the call. Peter Uvalle, Scott Faunsneaucht, and Sarah Montecinos. 

"Alright, now that everyone is here I want to introduce you all, first and foremost our new face here is Skyler Cowen, she is going to be the lead for game operations as an intern. To Skyler Peter here is the director of production and entertainment, Scott is the manager of entertainment so he will be your direct boss, and Sarah is the assistant manager of production and entertainment. This is your team, you will be working very closely with each other as all of your roles overlap. Skyler does have experience with an OHL team as a game operations intern, so she already knows the job for the most part, we just need to teach her our ways of things." Bob said, getting the meeting started.