Chapter Five

"Skyler you didn't have to make dinner, you just got here yesterday." Jamie's mom, Tina told me. 

"I wanted to do something, to thank you for letting me stay here. I love cooking and baking so I will more than gladly do it." I told her as she was helping me set the table.

"Well so do I, so maybe it can be our bonding time." I smiled at her as she looked up from putting the hot plates down. 

"I'd really like that, Mrs. Drysdale." 

"Skyler if you call me that one more time I will smack you silly with one of these green beans." She said, picking up the pan and setting it on one of the hot plates. I laughed a little bit.

"Sorry, Tina, I forgot." I said, she chuckled a little bit.

"Dinner, boys!" Tina yelled throughout the house. Within seconds you could hear footsteps running down the stairs and towards the kitchen. 

"Woah it smells amazing in here, mom." Charlie said as his girlfriend, Julia, followed him into the kitchen. 

"It wasn't me, it was all Skyler." She said as everyone took their seats at the table. I sat with Jamie on one side and his mom at the head of the table on the other. 

"Well, in that case it looks and smells amazing, Sky." Charlie corrected. I smiled at him.

"Thank you. It's super simple, just oven roasted dill salmon with pan fried green beans and cheese-y garlic mashed potatoes." I told them as they all started piling the food on their plates. 

"Babe, this is incredible." Jamie said with a mouth full of the potatoes. I laughed at him a little bit. 

"Thank you." I laughed out. Everyone agreed with him which made me happy. 

"You can live here forever if you make meals like this. How come you don't want to be a chef instead?" Gary asked.

"I feel like it takes away the fun and creativity, if you're making the same menu items forever, I did think about it though." I responded. Most of dinner was pretty quiet as everyone was eating. 

"How about we do a little game night tonight?" Charlie asked the group. We all nodded. 

"We were going to have a movie night but that sounds pretty good too!" Jamie said after looking from me to his brother. 

"Yeah I think it's a good idea, let's clean up here and get it all set up." Tina said smiling. Jamie and Charlie took care of the cleaning, neither of them let us do any of it no matter how hard we tried. Tina, Gary, Julia and I went into the living room and started moving the table and couches around to all fit nicely for the game night. The boys soon came in as Gary was pulling out all their games from the closet. Jamie sat beside me on one of the couches, and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Okay we've got lots of options, which do we want to start with?" Gary asked. We went through and picked a game called One Night Werewolf and played that game for almost 2 hours. There was lots of yelling and accusations involved, but we all had tons of fun. We switched to another game called Chameleon after that and again, lots of accusations involved. After about an hour and a half of that game we decided to play a game that didn't involve lying to everyone, so we played a round of Trouble, before everyone decided to take their separate ways for the night, as it was now about 10:30pm. Jamie and I went into the kitchen and filled up our water bottles before heading upstairs. We decided on trying to find a show that we could watch together, and landed on Superstore since neither of us had seen it before, but it looked funny. After about one episode we went downstairs to grab some snacks, which was just some popcorn and we each cut up an apple, taking it all with us.