Chapter Thirty

"I feel like I'm going to be sick." I said as Callie, Emerson, and Erin woke me up in the hotel room. 

"You're just excited and nervous. I was the same way on my wedding." Erin said. She threw the blankets off of my body, and Emerson opened the blinds. 

"Come on, time to get up. The makeup artist is going to be here in an hour and the other girls are going to be here any minute." Emerson added, I sighed and sat up on the bed, running a hand through my hair and throwing my feet over the edge of the bed. 

"I'm going to shower." I said as I got out of the bed and walked over to the washroom. I picked up my phone and looked down, there were a few notifications but only one I cared about.

Today's the day! I can't wait to see you in that beautiful dress, I can't wait for you to walk down the aisle to me. I love you so so much

From Jamie. I wanted to see him, I wanted one piece of quiet before the chaos and all of the people. But I knew I wouldn't be allowed by the girls. They would tell me it's bad luck to see him before the wedding. They refused to let me see him at all yesterday, putting their foot down and almost not letting me text him before they realized I was going to have a panic attack if I didn't hear from him at all.

i love you more than anything, i cannot wait to see you later. i can't believe we're getting married today!

I sent back, before setting my phone down and getting into the shower. It took about half an hour, after I just stood in the water enjoying the silence for a little bit. I came out of the washroom and put on my white silk button up shirt and matching shorts, whilst I was in there some of the other girls had shown up to get ready, all wearing their matching sets but in a sage green instead of white. 

"So, how excited are you?" Eliza asked as soon as she saw me. 

"I'm super excited, but also insanely nervous." I replied, sitting on the bed.

"Why are you nervous? What is there to be nervous about?" Nadine asked, coming to sit beside me on the bed and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I just feel like something is going to go wrong, like the cake isn't here on time, or Jamie doesn't show up." I said softly. I knew it was a ridiculous fear, he's been saying he wants to marry me almost since the day we met. 

"You doubt that he's going to show up?" Oakley asked, walking over to us on the bed.

"I don't know, maybe." I responded.

"Skyler, you are everything to that man, if I can promise you one thing for today, and honestly every day, it's that he's going to be there, and he's more than going to be there for you." Emerson said. 

"Are you sure?" I asked, my hands were getting sweaty.

"More than sure, I think we all are." Alice replied.

"Do you remember the day you two met?" Claire asked as she came into the conversation. 

"Crystal clear." I said.

"Just remember and hold onto that then. He's only ever seen you with more love everyday since then." Oakley said. 

"Just breathe, and come get your hair done." Erin said, taking my hands in hers and helping me stand up. I walked over to the chair and sat down where the hair stylist was waiting for me.

"So, still doing the hairstyle we practised?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think so, I think it'll be perfect still." I replied, she immediately got to work on my hair. "Alice, are you doing anything in a few minutes?" I yelled over into the room while my hair was almost done.