Chapter Fourteen

Max, Charlie, Ryan, Chris, Justin, Jessa, Eric, and Myles were already all at the cottage by the time we arrived. Jessa was going to be the only other girl, and one of the four people I hadn't met yet.

"Yes another girl!" Jessa yelled as she watched us get out of the car from the porch. She ran over to us and wrapped me in a hug immediately. "Sorry, I'm just so happy to have another girl here, it's always been just me." She said letting me go.

"Oh don't worry, I am insanely happy for there to be another girl too." I said to her. "I live with two guys and practically half a hockey team." I said. The two of us started walking to the cottage.

"Oh right, down in Anaheim. What's it like having shorts weather all the time?" She asked, showing me around the cottage. "This is going to be yours and Jamie's room." I dropped my bag in there, Jamie slowly following along.

"Thanks for waiting for me, guys." He said, his tone filled with attitude.

"Sorry, baby." I said, turning to him and putting a hand on his cheek. I stepped on my tip toes and kissed him softly on the lips. Jamie and I dropped our stuff and left the room.

"Do you want to come say hi to everyone and then you can have your girl time?" Jamie asked, snaking an arm around my waist. I nodded.

"Probably should, huh?" I replied. The three of us walked out to the backyard where all the other guys were hanging out.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" Max yelled as we walked out.

"Hey!" Jamie greeted, letting go of my waist and giving them all a handshake-hug thing. There was almost like a line set up and after they all greeted Jamie they all hugged me as well, just a normal hug. Charlie held on a little tight. Once everyone was done greeting each other, Jamie came back over and put his arm back around my waist, talking to Ryan and Max.

"So what's it like playing in the NHL, J Dawg?" Eric asked, coming over to us. Eric was one of the four that I hadn't met yet.

"It's crazy, dude, I love it, every day is new and it's an insanely awesome experience." Jamie replied.

"You're living with Zegras now right?" Eric asked.

"Zegras and my lady yeah." Jamie replied, tightening his arm a little bit. Eric kept asking a few other questions about Anaheim and the NHL when my phone started vibrating with a phone call, Jamie had it in his pocket seeing as my shorts didn't have any. He pulled it out and looked at the caller before handing it to me. "Why is there someone from California calling you?" He asked.

"I don't know? Do you wanna answer it to see?" I asked him, and he answered it, putting the phone up to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked. "Hey Bob, how are you?" There was another pause. "Yeah it's Jamie." Another pause. "Yep, here she is." He said and finally handed me the phone.

"Bob who?" I asked him in a whisper.

"Bob Murray, like my general manager, Bob." He replied. My eyes went wide, I've never talked to this man before, and I have no idea how he would've gotten my number.

"Hello?" I asked, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hi, Skyler?" He asked on the other end. I stepped away from the group before continuing the call.

"This is she." I responded.

"Hey, Skyler, I was just calling because we have an internship position available, that if you're interested leads into a part to full time job sometime in the future. And by some time in the future I mean you have a 9 month internship, and if all goes well it turns into a part or full time position depending on what works for your schedule." Bob said. My eyes went wide, and words were barely forming in my mind.