Chapter Twenty-Eight

I didn't want to wake up, if I wake up that means I have to go to work. If I have to go to work that means I have to deal with Scott who is currently very mad at me.

"You mean to tell me that you went on that road trip and didn't tell anyone?" He yelled at me.

"Jamie organized it, he got the okay from Bob. It's never an issue when anyone else goes for it and goes to their home city. Is it only an issue for me because one of the players organized it? Are we back to that?" I asked him. I was talking as respectfully as I could, he was still my boss after all. 

"No that's not the issue, Skyler." 

"Then what is?" I asked him. 

"The fact that you left without saying anything to anybody, we were all expecting you at the meeting." He said.

"I told you once I knew, again, Jamie organized it with Bob, so if you want to get mad at anyone get mad at Bob for not telling you. Not to mention, we didn't have a meeting because half of the staff was on the road trip." I said, probably visibly upset to be honest. 

"I'm not having this argument anymore, I am your boss, I'm not getting mad at my boss because he didn't tell me your business." He said, now walking out of my office and down the hallway, I watched him go straight into Bob's office. I shook my head and continued to work on the schedules for the game that night until Bob and Scott walked back in together. 

"You're in the clear. Scott, apologize." Bob said, I didn't realize he needed to babysit his employees. 

"I'm sorry." Scott said. What a big man, can't even look me in the eye. 

"Now, sit down." Bob said as he took a seat in one of the chairs across from my desk, Scott sitting in the other one. "I thought we were over this." 

"Over what?" Scott asked him. 

"Over your issues with Skyler and Jamie. It's been going on for a year and a half, close to two years now, nothing is changing no matter your opinion on the situation. Do you not appreciate how good she is at your job? Not to mention the fact that she does a big part of your job for you." Bob said. I did not want to be here for that conversation. 

"She is great at her job, she's fantastic actually." Scott said. I hadn't heard that from him, I think ever. "My issues arise when Jamie gets an assist or a goal in a home game and I can see her cheering for him. Or when Trevor gets a goal or an assist and I can see her cheering for him too. I think it's unprofessional."

"It's unprofessional for someone who works for the Anaheim Ducks to cheer for the Anaheim Ducks?" I asked him.

"That's not what I mean and you know it." 

"No, actually I don't know it. You're making it seem like that's the issue, I'm cheering for my best friend and my fiancé and because they play for the team it's an issue. I know that this is unconventional but that doesn't change the fact that it happened, Scott. And as far as I know, and from what Bob said, that's not changing. I know I'm good at my job, and I know you would hate it if I left, so I'm just looking for your ultimatum here." I responded. In a controlled environment in front of the general manager it seemed like the perfect place to also lay out my issues with Scott as he seems to have so many with me. 

"I just don't like how Jamie will come waltzing into the office and straight down here when he's done his PT." Scott said.

"He only just got cleared to drive himself, Scott. He needed to get here somehow and if I'm coming already and I'll be here why not come with me. Some days he can't come and go with Trevor so I don't want to hear that as an option either. Timings are different, not to mention when Trevor is out of the city." I said. I was going to defend Jamie to my grave, I didn't want to take any shit from anyone about him.