Chapter Twenty-Five

(i apologize for what is about to happen)

"Whatcha doin?" Trevor asked me as he came into the kitchen. I was wearing sweatpants and a sports bra and my hair was in a super messy braid with strands falling out everywhere, it looked like I just woke up. Not to mention I had spilt at least 3 cups of flour all over myself. I guess the two boys had just gotten home from the first game of the season in LA last night.

"Baking." I replied dryly. 

"Whatcha bakin?" He asked again. 

"3 types of cookies, coffee cake, banana bread, and cinnamon rolls." I replied, wiping my forehead with my sleeve just to leave some flour in its place. 

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I need to bring something for the first pre-season game for the Lady Ducks, bring something to the office for the staff, something for the new game crew, something for the maintenance staff, and for the hockey staff." I told him.

"Nothing for the team?" Trevor asked. 

"Why so many questions Trev? And no, I'm apparently not allowed to bring any for the team. Ask your coach why because I don't know." I told him.

"Well, it's a good thing I live here. But hey, also, why do you have to bring that stuff?" 

"I don't have to, I just want to, to be nice." I said. 

"Jamie!" Trevor yelled. 

"What do you want?" Jamie asked as he came into the kitchen. "Oh no." He simply said before walking over to me and sliding his arms around my waist. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing's wrong, why would you think something's wrong?"

"Because you only bake when you're either stressed or upset, and this is a lot of baking." Jamie said, turning my body around to face him as he hugged me tighter. 

"I'm fine, I'm all good. There's nothing wrong." I said as I bit the inside of my cheek, if I didn't I knew I was going to start crying and I did not want that. I didn't want him to know something was wrong. 

"No you're not. Baby, I know you pretty damn well by now, what is going on? Please tell me." Jamie said. His eyes were soft and kind, and I knew he was worried. 

"I'm just so stressed." I said, my knees wobbling and I felt like I was about to fall to the ground. The timer on the oven went off and I tried to get out of Jamie's grip to take the cookies out before they burn, but he wouldn't let me go.

"Trev." He simply said, and the timer turned off in seconds. "Come here." He said again and started leading me towards the living room, sitting me down on the couch. "What's going on, love?"

"I don't know. I think with everything going on, school, the job, wedding planning. There's just so much and I feel like I have so many things to do and responsibilities that I can't finish and get done. I'm just scared I'm failing everyone and everything I do. The amount of rules bent for me and I'm just not doing good enough." I said, I could barely hear my own voice.

"Baby, we had the most fan engagement at games ever last season, and that was all thanks to you. We can push the wedding if we need to, plus I'm sure there's a plethora of people who would be willing to help plan if we needed. School just started yesterday for you, you have so much time to catch up and get everything done. People wouldn't have bent those rules if they didn't have full confidence in you. I am so proud of you, and you could never fail. You're doing amazingly, and I am so, so proud of you. Only one year left, you graduate in May. Keep working towards it, and I will help you with anything you need." Jamie said, leaning my head against his chest and holding me ever so tightly.