Chapter Twelve

Jamie has had a fantastic month, he got his first AHL goal, he got four goals in total and 5 more assists too, best part was he got AHL Rookie of the Month. And now March is turning out pretty damn great, he just got called up to the Ducks and he gets to play his first NHL game tonight. He got me another pass already so I could come and hang out in the box with the other girls again, which I was pretty nervous about. It's a lot of new people for me to meet, plus they've all been around the team and each other for a while.

"Jamie?" I yelled into the hotel room.

"Yes, love?" He asked, coming out of the washroom.

"What do I wear?" I asked him, half of my clothes were sprawled out on the bed.

"Oh, baby, I'm sure whatever you pick will be more than fine. The girls will love you." He said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me waist.

"But what if they don't?" I asked.

"Hey, I'm supposed to be the nervous one." Jamie said softly, trying to make me feel better.

"That's true, how are you not nervous at all?" I asked him. He was completely normal, I didn't understand it at all.

"Not sure, I'm just not to be honest, more excited than anything. So, let's find you something to wear while I'm still here." He said, unwrapping his arms and looking through the clothes on the bed. It had been a month and we were still in the hotel, with the virus it was really hard to try and find somewhere to live. If it was just Jamie, he'd easily be able to stay with one of the guys, a few of them had offered but it was the two of us which made it so much harder. "How about this shirt?" Jamie asked, lifting up one of my favourites. It was an emerald green shirt with a square neck, and the long sleeves were completely sheer, it landed just below my belly button.

"I love that shirt." I said, a smile now forming on my lips. He looked over at me, matching my smile now.

"I know you do, and it goes really well with these pants." He now held up a pair of semi-loose fitting pants with a little flare at the bottom.

"I like it!" I said. Jamie then went into the closet and grabbed both a jean jacket and leather jacket.

"Try the outfit on and test it with both jackets. I think the leather one might be better." He said confidently. I nodded as I grabbed the pants. I was only wearing one of his shirts and my underwear, so needless to say he was staring every chance he got. I slid the pants on and switched out the shirt, walking over to the mirror and smiled at the outfit he had picked out. Jamie came up behind me, holding both jackets up on either side of me.

"Leather jacket is definitely the way to go." I agreed with him.

"I think so too." He said, smiling that he got it right. He threw the two jackets onto the bed and turned me around by my waist, pulling me closer and kissing me. "The green top also goes really well with that ring." He said, grabbing my left hand and looking at the ring he put on only a month ago.

"It does, doesn't it?" I said, lifting my hand up and looking at it a little closer. I leaned up and kissed him again. "I could definitely get used to a ring on my finger." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Oh so now you're the one begging for the real ring?" He said, smirking a little bit.

"I wouldn't say begging." I shrugged. Jamie leaned down and kissed me passionately, putting his hand in my hair.

"How much would you want a real ring?" He asked, with his hands, slowly making traces in my hair.

"I wouldn't say no." I said, leaning my head back slightly at the feeling of his fingertips.