Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Hey, how's the dress fitting going?" Jamie asked as I answered the phone. 

"It's good, I can't tell you more than that though and you know it." I said, smiling into the phone, He was out in Indio with Cam and Trevor for the Stagecoach festival, they decided on renting an Air BnB while they were out there for the week. It was only a weekend festival, but they were staying for a while longer just to hang out, while I flew home early, so I could at least take my last exams in person.

"That's okay, baby, I just wanted to check in." He said.

"Jamie, look at the camera!" I could hear Trevor yell through the phone, and then Jamie chuckled a little bit. 

"How's the festival going?" I asked him.

"It's good, I miss you though." He replied. 

"I miss you too, when are you guys coming home again?" I asked.

"We'll be home to Anaheim on May 6th and then I'm flying out to Toronto on the 8th." He said, they'd be gone basically just over a week. I didn't have a lot to do at work over the off season until playoffs were over for the league at least. My college graduation was on June 14th. This is my finals week, I was done after this. I just had four more exams to get through and then I officially graduate college. "Sky? Are you listening?" Jamie asked.

"Oh, what? Sorry I got distracted." I said, snapping out of my thoughts. 

"I asked what you're getting up to for the rest of the day." He repeated, chuckling a little bit. "Now I'm just wondering what got you so distracted?"

"I was thinking about graduating next month." I replied, staring at the vision of myself in the mirror at the dress store. The dress I had picked out truly was beautiful, it was tight fitting around my entire body, but fanned out a little bit at the knees, a deep neck line and covered in lace. It was beautiful, and this was my last fitting before the wedding in three months. 

"That's not all that's got you distracted, what's up? Do I have to step away from the guys so we can talk?" Jamie asked. 

"No, we can talk when you get home if I'm still feeling it. I'm okay though." I said.

"Skyler, it's bad luck to talk to the future husband while trying on the dress or something like that!" Emerson yelled from the background. Emerson, Callie, and Erin have been with me to all the dress fittings, not like there's been a lot. I came home for one to look for bride and bridesmaid dresses over spring break with the girls, and we did one over the all star break as well, and it was only the three of them, and now this one. 

"I guess you have to go then, huh?" Jamie asked. 

"Yeah, I guess so before they get upset at me." I replied, forcing out a small laugh. I missed him, we'd been away from each other for 4 days and there was still 8 days without him. This was the longest we've been apart since the World Juniors during COVID. 

"Okay, I'll text you throughout the day and call you tomorrow again." He said, he sounded a little upset about it, I knew the three of them were just hanging out before the concerts started for the day and he just wanted to talk, honestly I did too. 

"Sounds good, I love you have fun, baby, and don't forget to send videos!" I said, trying to make the situation a little bit better. I went back over to the girls and put a smile on my face. 

"What's going on? Why don't you seem happy?" Callie asked. I sat down on one of the couches and put my head in my hands. 

"I'm just overwhelmed I think. I shouldn't have scheduled this for right before exams, it wasn't smart." I said, shaking my head in my hands.