Chapter Thirty-One

"This is incredible." I said as soon as we got out of the cab from the airport. We just landed in Barbados, it was one of the most beautiful views I had ever seen in my life. 

"Isn't it? I thought this was a good place to be. We get to be here for a whole week and a half." Jamie said, letting go of the two rolling suitcases and coming behind me to wrap his arms around my torso. He rested his head on my shoulder, holding one of his wrists around me as he squeezed lightly. "Let's go check in, pretty girl." He whispered after a couple moments of just enjoying the view. 

We went inside the hotel and checked in, Jamie had booked this entire trip without telling me anything, so I had no idea where we were going, what we were doing, hell I barely knew when we had to be at the airport this morning. We were lead to little private houses along a pathway, both of us trying to sneak glances at the ocean every chance we got. 

"There's something about this that feels so peaceful." I said as we passed by a couple houses with a 'do no disturb' sign on the door handles. 

"I know, the pictures online do not do this place justice." He said, coming up to a room in the corner. The gentleman that was leading us to our 'house' for the week stopped in front of one, motioning for the key card which Jamie took out and handed it to him as he opened the door to a brightly lit room with what looked like the most comfortable and fluffy king sized bed. 

"Is that a pool? Attached to the room?" I asked, looking towards what I expected to be just a  patio. Instead there was a patio still with a small table and two chairs, but also a mini pool with a small waterfall, where there sat two lounge chairs at the entrance. 

"Babe, I think that's a jacuzzi." Jamie replied, I looked up at him, my mouth gaped wide open.

"No way?" I practically yelled, dropping the carry on bag we split and running over to see. I could hear Jamie chuckling behind me a little bit, letting go of the two suit cases and following me to see what it was. 

"Maybe not, maybe it's just a regular pool. But that's still super cool that it's just right in the room." He said. I turned away from the pool and walked over to the suit cases, dropping mine flat on the ground and unzipping it, looking for Jamie's favourite bikini, I knew I packed it right on top. I got changed quickly and walked over to the pool, sitting down on one of the lounge chairs. "That was fast, do you not want to go walking around the resort and go to the pool first?" 

"Yeah, just gimme a second to bathe in this glory." I said, stretching my arms out and leaning my head back. I could hear Jamie's slides on the ground walking away from me, just walking around the room in general before going to the suit cases and dropping his flat on the floor too. I eventually stood up from my spot on one of the chairs, drying off a little bit with a towel sitting beside the pool and went into the room to find Jamie. 

"Baby, look at this bathroom!" He yelled, it was almost like he knew I was looking for him. I followed the sound of his voice, stopping in the door way in awe at the room. There was one tall bathtub, but also two huge separate shower stalls on either side of the tub, along with two sinks and a toilet. 

"Dang only one toilet." I said, looking around at the white and granite walls. 

"Lame, that means we can't pee staring at each other." He replied, turning around from looking into one of the shower stalls and laughing. 

"Yeah I think I'm happier with that." I said, laughing at him.

"Wanna go check out the resort?" He asked, slowly making a couple steps over to me, resting his hands on my hips, playing with the hip straps of my bikini with his finger tips. I rested my forehead on his chest, feeling his beating heart, I nodded against his shirt that he was unfortunately still wearing. "Let's go." His voice was soft and a little scratchy.