Chapter Twenty-One

"Okay guys sorry I'm late, I got caught up in another meeting. Let's get started on our meeting today." I said in the game crew office. I was getting all of the game crew ready for the game tonight, running through the script with them all. I told them all of the promotions and wha everyone was on the the night, including getting contestants for the intermission games and activities. In the middle of explaining the second period there was a knock on the door. I stood up from my chair and opened it to see none other than Mr. Drysdale himself. 

"Hi." He said, sticking his head into the room.

"Hey, what can I do you for? Aren't you supposed to be warming up for the game?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I took a run down here and wanted to come say hi." He said. 

"Well, wanna come in and officially meet the team?" I asked him. He nodded eagerly and I opened the door all the way for him to walk on. 

"You can just casually talk to the players like that without getting nervous?" Kennedy asked.

"She used to." Jamie said, laughing a little bit. "She used to be all silence and staring." I smacked him in the arm, with my mouth gaped wide open.

"Don't you have a game to be getting ready for because I know we do." I said, now looking at my watch and showing him the time. 

"Fine, fine, I'm leaving." He said, throwing his hands up in surrender before backing away and out of the room. "I love you!" He yelled as he left.

"I love you most." I called back, shaking my head and laughing a little bit as I closed the door.

"Okay, what was that about?" Alex asked with a big smile on her face. I looked at Kennedy and pursed my lips. Her and I had become pretty good friends, she was my top game crew member, she was also the only one who knew about Jamie and I. 

"Come on, Sky, let it out, do you have a crush on him?" Sean asked. Kennedy and I laughed a little bit. "Okay, what's going on?" 

"I do not have a crush on him."

"Well I mean you could technically call it a crush." Kennedy said, a laugh hidden in her voice.

"I mean, technically, I guess." I said. 

"Would someone please tell me what's going on?" Alex asked. I simply lifted my left hand, wiggling my fingers to show off the ring. 

"I'm going to need words. Congrats you're engaged at 19?" Sean asked. 

"Are you that thick?" Alex asked, now catching on to exactly what it was.

"What do you mean?" Brendan asked.

"What is happening?" Sean asked.

"Can we just get back to the meeting?" I asked them.

"No, you need to explain this." Brad said. 

"Was the I love you not enough?" Alex asked them.

"I am so confused." Sean said. I laughed and pulled out my phone, showing them my lock screen, which was a picture of Jamie and I at our engagement. 

"OH!" Brendan yelled.

"You're engaged to him?" Brad yelled. The girls and I laughed at the guys who were only now catching on.

"Damn it, so this ruins my chances of getting with him." Sean said, snapping his fingers dramatically, making everyone laugh a little bit more. "What he's hot?" I laughed even more, he wasn't wrong. 

"Okay, now that we have that sorted out, let's get back to the meeting." I said. I settled them all down and restarted the meeting, going back from the second period and continuing. It took another 10 minutes to go through everything.