Chapter Nine

I woke up to my alarm and Jamie sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands in his hair.

"Jamie, baby? Are you okay?" I asked, scooting over the bed to put my hand on his back and rubbing slightly.

"Yeah." He replied, dryly.

"You don't seem okay. It's a big day, I figured you'd be more excited." I said.

"I am, but I'm terrified too. What if it doesn't go well?" He asked. I took his hands and moved them away from his face, then taking his face in my hands and kissing him passionately.

"There can't be a single part of you that thinks you won't get drafted today. You are the highest rated defensemen in the draft. Everyone's going to want to take you, I promise you. You're an incredible player, baby. Tonight is going to be amazing for you." I said, kissing him passionately. I held him in my arms for a minute before he broke apart.

"Thank you baby, now get ready you have class soon. I'll go make you a coffee." He said, pushing himself up from the bed and giving me another kiss before leaving the room. I smiled to myself and stood up, putting on some actual clothes and brushing my hair and teeth in the washroom. I opened my laptop on the desk and went into my Introduction To Sport Management class. I clicked the link to join the zoom call and kept my camera on. This was the one class that 99% of people had their cameras on. It was deemed as the most fun. The prof was super cool, he worked for the Guelph Storm, the Vancouver Canucks, and the New Jersey Devils.

"Alright guys it looks like the majority of people are here so let's get started." Ashwin, the professor, said. Jamie soon came into the room and handed me the cup of coffee, leaning down and kissing me as he did so.

"Is that Jamie Drysdale?" One of the other students asked.

"Yeah?" I asked, not thinking much of it. There was a chorus of 'cool' coming from the speakers and that was the end of that.

"I'm going to go to the basement to get out some stress." Jamie said, smiling and walking out of the room. Once the door closed the questions started coming.

"So Drysdale?" Caleb asked. Caleb was the only friend I had really made throughout the first month of school, it was hard whilst online. I just nodded, knowing this was going to be what I was known for throughout school.

"He's getting drafted tonight, right?" Ashwin asked.

"Yep, supposed to be. He's really nervous though so he went to the gym in the basement." I said, pulling out my notebook and pens.

"Well, good luck to him." Ashwin said before sharing his screen and starting the actual class.

How did I not know you were dating Jamie Drysdale?

I saw from Caleb as I opened my phone.

idk, i didn't think i needed to tell you?

I responded. I put my phone down and continued writing the notes from the class. After about 2 hours the class was finishing up, we were just all talking about weekend plans.

"So everyone remember to tune into the NHL draft tonight, maybe we'll see Skyler on the tv." Ashwin said before ending the class. I could feel my face turn red, and I started shaking my head. I closed my laptop and notebook, leaving our room and going down to the basement to find Jamie on the treadmill.

"Hey, how was class?" He asked.

"It wasn't too bad, Ash is a great teacher, probably my favourite of all the profs I have so far." I responded.

"He's the one who worked in the O right?" He asked, slowing down the treadmill, having it come to a stop.

"Yeah, and the NHL, he still does a little bit of work for the Canucks." I replied. I took a sip of my coffee as he sat down, partially on the now stopped treadmill.