24. Doubts

A rise of the sun wakes me up. The brightness hurts my eyes for a while before I get used to it again.

Fox isn't awake, no surprise after his state last night. My doubts about my sleepless night didn't come true after all, Fox's warm arms holding me made me sleepy after a good while of thinking.

"Fox." I whisper, voice a bit hoarse. Probably from the yelling last night, searching for Fox through the dark Germany parks.

His brows make a movement of waking up so I call him again. "Fox?"

"Hm?" He asks as hoarsely as I. The coldness of the night mixed with vodka couldn't be a good combination.

"Mr Perry is going to murder us in a minute or two." I say.

"Shit, we still have school today?" He asks with dry throat, drawing me closer to him with a single gesture. My heart rate speeds right away.

"The lab experiments." I tell him but he just groans at that.

"Awh my head." He takes his head to his hands suddenly and reminds me how worried and angry I was just couple hours ago.

"Last night..." I start but Fox shakes his head like he's already knowing what I have to say.

"Don't start, I know it's not healthy." He groans.

"Not healthy? You could've died you idiot?" I hiss at him, drawing myself further from his arms to look into his eyes.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry Liv, I'm not gonna do that again. Promise." He says and looks genuine, but knowing from own experience, promises aren't always locked up without key.

"Now you sound like me." I hiss.

He opens his mouth to argue furthermore, but an unwanted knock bangs on the door.

"Evergreen? We're leaving in ten minutes and note that I did not see you at breakfast." Mr. Perry's jaded voice peeked through the door.

"Coming right away!" Fox shouts back but rolls his eyes afterwards.

"You better!" Mr. Perry shouts back like someone's mom. "Is Livia Bellemonte perhaps there with you?" He then suddenly asks and I freeze, eyes sizing up.

"What the hell?" I mouth to Fox and he looks as confused as I do.

"Why?" Fox yells.

"She wasn't in her room this morning and I noted that I didn't see her at breakfast either." Mr. Perry says sounding like he already knows something. Perhaps he thinks he knows something about us, which isn't the case right now.

"What do I say?" Fox mouths me but I shake my head, no idea coming up. "She run out of toothpaste so she came here to brush her teeth!" He quickly comes up with a pathetic excuse.

"Really?" Mr. Perry does not buy it.

"We're coming right up!" Fox just shouts outside.

"Five minutes and the buss leaves." Our teacher scolds us and then proceeds to leave with heavy footsteps.

"Now he thinks nasty about us." I sigh.

"You wanna tell him the truth?" Fox asks with one brow up.

"I'd get executed at home if I did." I roll my eyes and take a laugh out of Fox.

"Can you please hand me some painkillers?" He then asks and I do.

"We'll talk about last night later. Alright?" I ask and Fox nods, turning serious again.

"I'm really sorry Liv." He says as I hop up from his bed to go change into my own room.

"For what? You have no reason to apologise and yet you do every five minutes." I say at the door and that gets him quiet. "See you soon." I mutter, wavering off to my room.