36. Found

Fox's pov

——————————————————

Tod left this morning, seemed disappointed by my decision of not leaving. He said it was stupid that I would stay in the toxic household that I had my whole life wanted to get out.
I know that. I know it damn well. But...

"Dude, where's your girl?" August interrupts my thoughts.

"I'm not sure, she's just probably late." I mutter, sitting in the biology class that had yet just begun. But mr. Perry was late so we still had a little chitchat time.

"I saw her in the hallway just a minute ago." My copper haired friend says and it makes me frown.

"Really? Where was she going?" I ask.

"No idea. Probs just getting a beer and a cigarette." He jokes and I roll my eyes.

"You're not funny." I tell him but he won't listen.

"So I heard you two are together, like, for real now?"

"Yeah. Not that it's any of your business but." I answer with a sigh. I just wanted to ask Livia about the kiss, to check if she's okay. But it seemed she wasn't here. And perhaps I wanted to tell her I loved her too, yesterday I hadn't been able to answer it since she had shut the door to my face.

"Come on, I'm your best friend. Tell me anything. Except maybe leave the dirty things out, those aren't interesting." He smirks and I stare at him in disbelief.

"That's not-, we're not-" I start shocked but he just lets out a laugh.

"Alright alright." Mr. Perry interrupts August's laugh, "August Lukeson, back to your seat may you."

"Sorry." August mutters and takes a seat beside me.

"That's Livia's seat." I tell him.

"Your lovebird isn't here, is she?" He shrugs and I'm about to deny it, but the clock already pointed five past the starting time.

"She'll come." I say, though not quite believably.

"Quietness please?" Mr. Perry gives a glare at us and we decide it's best to keep our mouth shut.

***

"Where the hell is she?" I glance at August when thirty minutes had passed into the lesson.

"She's just skipping class, not a big deal. We all skip at some point." He says, not looking like he gives a singular shit.

"Yeah, but she likes biology? She's always in this class." I keep saying.

"Relax."

"What if something happened?" I ask, now the concern growing. A bad feeling had entered my mind.

"Stop overthinking. She's fine." August rolls his eyes. "Gosh you're disgustingly cute. When will I find a girlfriend?"

"You're not listening!" I hiss at him. "I'm worried. Didn't you just say to always tell you everything?"

"That's nonetheless, she's fine. Besides you can't just hop up and say you need to check on your girlfriend because you apparently have a 'bad feeling'." August makes bunny ears with his fingers and it annoys me, but I know he's right.