25. Storytime

Fox's pov:

——————————————————

Even if I was in a bad state, seeing Liv eating made me feel better. Worry wasn't strong word enough to describe my feelings for her. I can't understand how she could starve, her bones were sticking out, eyes looked darkened, the bags under her eyes were dark as a cloud full of dust.

I liked her. I couldn't deny it any longer. But that wasn't something I could ever admit, because she'd never like me back that way. And the life situation between both of us wouldn't make it possible for us to be together, she was too broken and I was shattered. My personal life was too complicated and I didn't want Liv to know about it. She had so much to worry even without knowing my story.

"What do you wanna do? Another sleepover?" I ask when we walk towards our rooms. Close to her I still felt good and could finally forget my disturbing nightmares. It was pathetic, I know.

"Yeah. We need to talk." She says, angelic eyes getting a sharp look.

"Why? Are you okay, is your ankle still hurting?" I ask perplexed.

"Not about me! About you." She says and looks at me piercingly.

"Oh." I mutter, not wanting to.

She says nothing to that, unlocking her door with a single hand.

I glance at the clock, it was already ten p.m. the whole day had just flew by. Germans really had fascinating chemistry tests, but way too difficult home- and classwork.

I wanted to do nothing but forget my problems like I always tried to do, enfold Liv into my arms and sleep my worries away in her enormous bed. Maybe I'd be saved from my nightmares if she was next to me.

But she had different plans of course.

"We need to talk about last night." She says after a while.

"What talking does it need? I got drunk and carried away. And I apologise from it." I shrug off.

"No." Liv shakes her head. "You gotta tell me what's wrong."

I don't want to lie to her and say nothing, but I never spoke to anyone. Nor did I want to do it now. Her brows are drawn together, waiting for me to start speaking up.

"Please, don't make me." I say with unwanted emotion in my voice. My eyes are locked to hers, so I see when her gaze softens.

"But I'm worried." Liv whispers, looking like she has no idea of what to do.

I shake my head, "Don't be, I can handle it."

"Why can't you tell me what's wrong?" She demands with a bit sadness in her voice.

"Later." I just say, not willing to open up.

"Promise?" She asks, looking unsure of what to do.

I think about it for a while. Lying wasn't what I did, it was against my morals but I understand why people do it. It's easy and quick, gets you out of trouble easily. Still, I couldn't do it myself. Liv deserves the truth, but it's a lot to talk about. I never speak, never have and was never taught to do so.

"Promise." I say truthfully. Someday I would.

"You won't tell me about the nightmares?" She asks, tilting her head a bit and I'm sad to shake my hand.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's okay. I know it's hard." She states and takes my hand, wiggling her fingers around mine.