30. Vanilla

"This is the second time you have skipped class here? How can you even manage?" Mr. Perry frowns and keeps his tone disappointed and looks at me.

"I'm sorry, my phone must have lost somewhere here." I mumble a stupid lie to him.

"I have to inform your parents if you keep this up. You understand that right? I need you to take responsibility." He just keeps blabbering and it annoys me. I was struggling so hard right now but he only cared about stupid fucking grades. Four months ago I would've probably had a heart attack by the sentence 'stupid fucking grades' but I was a completely different person then. Five months ago I only started worrying about my weight. When it all went downhill.

"I'll be better. I'm sorry." I mutter to the ground, not even a bit sorry truthfully.

"Good to hear. You were my top student last year, I don't know what has happening but don't let it affect your grades anymore. Okay?" He says and I nearly begin to cry at that, for whatever reason my overly sensitive brain had.

Why were grades always so important? What the fuck did they matter if I got myself killed because of this stupid eating thing I had as a problem.

"Yes." I only say.

"Alright, you can go now and inform Fox Evergreen to come here next." He says and I leave the empty hotel room mr. Perry forced me to have a conversation.

"You're next." I mutter gloomily to Fox who was waiting for me outside the door.

"What did he say?" He asks curiously. His mellow lips were slightly open and redder than usual from our kiss, and it made me crack a nervous smile. We hadn't had time to talk about the kiss or what we'd do next in our complicated relationship since right when we stepped to the hotel property, mr. Perry had basically dragged me to have a chitchat.

Because the whole way back here, neither had said a word. We just held hands and walked closely which I enjoyed. We both sorely needed to think about everything so it wasn't the right time to talk then.

"He was just blabbering something about skipping and I should concentrate more on my studies. Nothing life-changing." I answer.

"I'll probably get the same." He smiles reassuringly and takes my hand to quickly squeeze it. It's a quick gesture but makes my heartbeat go faster. "Let's see in your room after my conversation."

"Okay." I smile at him, and even make myself surprised when I rise to my feet and give him a gentle peck on his cheek.

Then I quickly turn to leave with heavy blush on my cheeks.

I can't fight the urge to take a quick run lap, because today had been so good. I had lost great over 400 calories by the walking today and purged my breakfast so I really was feeling hungry. But I hadn't minded being hungry for a long time anymore.

I take extra stairs, running them up and down with sweat prickling on my forehead until my vision begins to blur. I don't have a lot of time, so I decide it's best to stop early than to faint and let someone find me. Even though I would lose more calories that way.

However, I run the way back to my door and step in. Fox wasn't here yet and I take the chance to change to my pyjamas. I owned a cute pair of light pink pants and a little darker shade top. It'd be okay since I wasn't planning on leaving the room anymore today.

For dinner, which I had decided to skip today, I'd say that I have a migraine from so much happening. Then, I'd probably be two pounds lighter tomorrow.

Wow, I got my first kiss and my goal weight in one day. That's an accomplishment.

The door unlocks, I had given Fox an extra key I had, and he steps in.