part 1

it was the morning of the bahrain sprint race and honestly, i was so worried. i qualified p9 for the feature race, so i was started front row today.

it was my first race in formula 2, so people wouldn't be expecting too much from me. but still expecting me to have a good race.

god i hope i have a good race

i was sat down in front of the vanity that was in the room i was staying in, finishing off my outfit for the day by adding in some jewellery.

yes, i know that all of this will be for nothing when it gets to the race. but looking pretty was a need for me, and as a plus it boosted my confidence.

(outfit below, you can change it if you would like)

(italian)

"lina, are you nearly ready?" kimi (my twin brother) asks, knocking on the door.

he has called me lina since we were 2. my actual name, angelina, was too hard for him to say so he shortened it to "lina" and i guess it stuck.

"i just need 2 minutes kimi!" i reply whilst putting on my gold hoop earrings.

i grab a pair of sneakers before picking up my long champ bag. i used it for every race for the whole f3 championship in 2023 .

it must clearly be a good bag then because i won the championship and proved all my haters wrong. a lot of people said i couldn't win the f3 championship "because i was a girl". well sucks to be them, because i did win it.

i used it  for many things that wasn't its original purpose that year. i had cried on it, i had slept on it, i had sat on it, used it as an umbrella. yeah, a lot of things.

i put on my sneakers and find kimi sat down scrolling through his phone. he didnt notice me, so i take it as the perfect chance to scare him.

i slowly creep up behind him slowly, before touching his shoulders. he jumps out of his skin before looking back at me.

"oh my god, lina!" he says whilst i just stand and slightly smile at him.

"i didnt do anything kimi." i say sarcastically whilst walking round to sit next to him and smiling at him.

"mhm sure, the car will be here soon." he says, putting his phone away.

he was wearing a pair of jeans and his mercedes shirt, his normal paddock clothes. at pre-season testing, he didn't wear anything else to the track.

unlike me. i am known too never wear team clothes to the track. i do wear it after i arrive of course, but never travelling to the track. i loved fashion, and i have done ever since i was little.

"okay, is anyone else coming with us?" i ask

"no just us. how do you feel about starting p2 today?"