part 24

"how's it going?" jules says, finally coming back with my smoothie. i look down at the clock on my laptop, and it had been an hour since he had left.

"eh we are getting through it." i reply before thanking him for the smoothie.

"that's good, don't forget that you have to go to the fan zone with the aston martin drivers." jules reminds me.

"who else will it be?"

"you, both aston martin drivers and the 2 red bull drivers."

"sounds fun, what do we do there?"

"say hi to some fans, then go onto the stage."

"so the normal stuff?"

"yeah basically." jules says, before talking to the engineers about the cars.

3 hours later, i was meeting up with the four formula 1 driver before going into the fan zone. it's probably my favourite part of the race weekends, other then racing of course.

but honestly, i was just thankful to stop analysising data. most boring thing let me tell you.

"do you know what we are doing on the stage?" i ask max (verstappen) as we walking beside each other.

"no, no idea. maybe just talking." he says.

"you've got to admit though the challenges are fun."

"yeah, very fun. except when i don't win."

"come on max, you have to lose at something." i say laughing a little.

30 minutes later we were finally going onto the stage. max and checo had already been called on, and now me, lance and fernando were being called on.

after answering some questions about the race, we were told we had a challenge.  we were going to be given quotes, and we had to decide whether it was a taylor swift lyric or a quote from shakespeare.

"i'm gonna win i already know it." i say.

and of course, it was aston martin against red bull. i know quite a lot of taylor swift songs, so i should be pretty good with this.

"our first lyric of the challenge is: your touch brought forth an incandescent glow, tarnished but so grand." the interviewer says.

"i say that's shakespeare." lance says.

"yes, it a lot of fancy words." fernando says.

"it's got to be shakespeare." i say, confident in my choice.

max and checo also  choose shakespeare, but to all of our surprise, it was taylor swift.

"what! no, how do you sing that?" max complains.

"alright, next one: now you hang from my lips like the gardens of babylon."

"that's got to be shakespeare, right?" checo says. it was so funny seeing him so confused.

i whisper to lance before whispering the same to fernando. we all put a very serious looking face on as a joke.

"so whose going first?" the interviewer asks.

"you go." me and max say at the same time.

"no you." i say immediately after, straightening my face from the former smile.

"shakespeare, 100%" max says after bickering back and forth about who would go first.

"taylor swift!" i say.

"and taylor swift is correct!" the interviewer says, and max's jaw drops. and i mean physically.

"seriously? how?" he says in shock.