part 4

2 hours later...

i was watching qualifying whilst sitting on the pit wall next to mike krack, the aston martin team principle. i had on a pair of headphones and was listening to all the engineers around me talking strategies and how the drivers could try to improve lap times.

i was so focused on understanding what i was being told, that i didn't notice the camera filming me for the live broadcast.

once qualifying had finished, i head back into the garage and do some data analysis with the other aston martin workers . alonso was p8 for the race the next day, and lance p12.

i was in the garage for nearly two hours, i loved aston martin. the people there were amazing. and they loved me too.

"hey angel!" fernando says, as he stops to talk to me.

"nando! great quali session today."

"thank you! congratulations on your race today, me and lance watched it."

"really?"

"of course, do you know which two drivers were fighting after?" he asks, and i look at him shocked.

"i'm sorry?" i ask, shocked that he knew.

"we could see two drivers sort of fighting , do you know what happened?"

"oh right, yeah. i don't know sorry." i say.

"ah, too bad i love some drama. are you on your way out?" i swear every driver loves gossip or something.

"yeah, back to art gp."

"see you tomorrow then."

i wave goodbye and leave the f1 paddock to get to art gp.

once i arrive, i grab my laptop and headphones from my driver room and head straight to the main garage to analyse data.

before i knew it, it was 8 at night and i was the only one still there. i wasn't tired because i had about 2 coffees since i had arrived. don't let anyone find out.

even so, i decided to go back to the hotel because i knew my energy would crash soon.

as i walk out of the garage, i see a familiar red shirt. bearman

he sees me immediately and walks over to me, waving. i wave back gently as he approaches me.

"angel, why are you still here?" he asks

"i lost track of time whilst working. you?"

"fell asleep, do you want to drive back with me? i have a taxi waiting." he offers.

"yes, thanks. when did kimi leave?" i ask, walking alongside ollie.

"maybe three hours ago, has he not messaged you?"

"i've had my phone off all day pretty much."

"it does get hectic on a race weekend, especially for you." he says, laughing a little.

"what do you mean?"

"you and zane."

"don't even say his name." i say, playfully rolling my eyes.

"careful, your eyes might get stuck like that." ollie jokes, which i once again roll my eyes to.

"what did he say to you? i mean you don't seem like the sort of person to do that for nothing." ollie carries on.

"just that i don't understand racing, and i could tell he was gonna say something else.

"then im 100% with you. your an amazing driver." ollie says, whilst opening the taxi door for me.