part 11

it was 7.30pm, and a few people were leaving the track now. i was on my way to the prema garage to meet kimi after changing back into my own clothes.

me and kimi started a tradition to always spend time together before the race weekend started. in bahrain, we did paddle board and now we were going to get food.

(italian)

"give me two minutes to get my stuff. ive just finished filming" kimi says as i get to him.

"take your time, we still have a while." i reply, as he leaves the main garage.

after kimi leaves, ollie enters the garage. his face lights up with a smile as he notices you waiting. i wave at him slightly as he walks over.

"angel, hi."

"hey, are you going back to the hotel?"

"yeah, are you still meeting kimi because he just passed me."

"he's just getting his stuff, do you mind waiting with me? it's fine if you can't-"

"it's fine, i can wait." ollie says, interrupting me which is probably better then letting me ramble on.

"thank you, i just feel awkward stood here."

"it's fine, have you met any of the f1 academy drivers?"

"quite a few yeah. do you like one of them or something." i joke

"oh no, no. i'm focused on racing." ollie replies, going a little pink.

"probably the best decision." i say, as kimi reappears.

"how come you two always end up together?" kimi says when he reaches us.

"i don't think we are." i reply, and ollie agrees.

"sure you aren't." kimi jokes.

"kimi!" i say, and he holds his hands up in surrender.

"ok, ok! are you ready?" he asks and i nod.

me ollie and kimi head to the pick up area and get into our seperate taxi's after saying goodbye.

(italian)

"so, mcdonald's?" i ask as the taxi starts to drive.

"really? it's not the best thing to eat before a race weekend." kimi asks.

"i'm pretty sure people want me to gain weight. " i reply.

"why?"

"i was like really close to the weight limit for driving."

"oh right. maybe mcdonald's." kimi says.

"your reminding me off mama now. 'angel you know it's not good for you'. yeah but it tastes good." i say, laughing a little.

"how's florence (my long distance best friend)" kimi asks.

"good, i think im gonna go see her after jeddah it's been too long."

"by too long you mean a month?" kimi says, laughing.

"it was one day! that's not nearly enough time. and i was really tired. and she's my best friend, i need to tell her everything."

"you talk to her more then me!"

"that's different, that's not in person."

"your still talking though."

"no, your so wrong." i say, laughing a little.

we both play argue the whole journey into town. once we arrive, we thank the driver and pay before getting out and walking around until we find a mcdonald's.