part 26

i start my car and begin the race. pretty boring in my opinion. what's the point in driving if i can't overtake and actually race?

"don't forget, no overtaking under the safety car."

"cheers captain obvious." i reply, smiling to myself under the helmet.

thankfully, the safety car was only out for 4 laps, so i should still be able to get into the points. or at least i hope.

i cross the safety car line, and i was straight into focus. ahead of me was a trident car, and it wasn't long until i overtake them and the car in front of it.

"yellow flag, slow down. incident in turn 2."

"who is it?" i ask, mentally crossing my fingers. i look across as i drive through turn 2 carefully. the one thing i notice is a red and white car with a lot damage.

"the race is red flagged angel". jules says, but i wasn't listening.

"angel, don't get out. do not get out." jules says, repeating the four word phrase too many times to count.

"yes i fucking get it jules. is he okay?"

"i don't know."

"is he fucking okay! jules tell me if my brother is okay. please let him be okay."

"it's okay, he's talking. he's okay."

"thank god, is he out?"

"yes, he's out." jules says, and i let out a deep breath that i had been holding for the past nearly 30 seconds.

5 minutes later, i stop the car in the pit lane behind 11 other cars. it was a three car collision, my brother, franco and dennis hauger. but thankfully, everyone was okay.

even though i was told kimi was okay, i was still scared. my mind was telling me that i couldn't be sure he was okay until i could see him, but god knows when i would be able too.

the race had been called off, so there was no point in staying in the pit lane. i get back in my when when finally everyone starts slowly driving away back to the garages.

(italian)

"nicky, how bad was it?" i ask him, knowing he would tell me. i hadn't even taken my helmet off yet, my race suit was dripping with water.

"why don't you watch it for yourself." he says softly, pointing a tv which was replaying the collision. he stands behind me, hands on my shoulder.

"it wasn't even his fault!" i say, throwing my hands in the air.

"i know love, but he's okay." nick says.

"i want to find him."

"you need to stay here." nick says trying to comfort me.

"then bring him here!" i say, raising my voice at him before muttering sorry.

"it's okay, your stressed. i get it." he replies, giving me a comforting smile.

"how about you take this helmet off?" he says, gently knocking on it.

i take it off, smoothing my hair out afterwards. then i take off my ear piece, gloves, and unzip my racing suit so it was tied around my waist.

finally, nick wraps his arms around me and i hide my face in his neck. we stay like that for a few minutes, before finally breaking apart.

(english)

"angel? if your not busy you can go find your brother." jules says, giving me a slight smile.

"where is he?" i ask immediately.

"medical centre, you know how to get there right?"

"yes, thank you!" i say, before running out of the garage towards the medical centre. i completely forget about nick, i was just thinking about kimi. i even forget about the fact i was running through terrible rain.

i get there, and i was let straight through to kimi. i enter the room he was waiting in, and as soon as he turns around he walks up to me before pulling me into a tight hug.

normally, i hate people touching me. but there are my special people, whose touch comforts me.

(italian)

"are you alright? did you get hurt?" i ask, planning to ask more questions but kimi interrupts me.

"im ok, don't worry." he says, giving me a slight smile.

"have you watching the incident?"

"no, was it my fault?" he asks nervously.

"of course not! you were just in the wrong place and the wrong time."

"thank god, i would hate for mercedes to think even worse of me. i mean, fuck, i crashed!" kimi says, and my mood saddens.

having a crash of any sorts is a bad thing? of course it is, i mean you don't see max verstappen crashing do you? why do i have to be such a shit driver?

"your a great driver kimi, don't say that." i say, giving him a slight smile. he didn't reply, as there is a knock on the door. it was nick.

"how you doing mate?" nick says, smiling at kimi whilst holding an umbrella.

"it was just a shock i guess. were you with lina?" kimi asks.

"yeah, until she ran off to come find you." he reply, laughing a little and placing his arm on my shoulder.

(spanish)

"tell him." nick whispers quiet enough so kimi wouldn't hear.

"nick, i can't." i whisper back. im not 100% sure why he's talking spanish, but im guessing so kimi wouldn't understand.

"if you aren't, then i will."

"please." i whisper.

(italian)

"kimi mate, we have something to tell you." nick says.

"what is it?" kimi asks, laughing a little.

"me and angel are dating, and we have been for a few weeks." nick says, smiling down at me. a few weeks? more like nearly 3?

"would you mind if i talk to my sister, privately?" kimi says, clenching his jaw.

"i'll go outside." nick says, squeezing my hand before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

"kimi..." i start to say, but he interrupts me. why does everyone always interrupt me?

"no angelina, im talking. you know you aren't meant to date my friends, and i mean nick? he's lthe worst one! have you really forgotten what he's like? not to mention he's 19 angelina, 19! your only 17." he shouts, it's not often that kimi gets like this and honestly i wasn't ready for it.

"you don't get to fucking control my life andrea! your only my brother not my fucking parent! you don't get to tell me who i can and can't date alright? just because no one has ever loved you, and never will, doesn't mean that people love me." i say, opening the door and walking out of it, slamming the door behind me.

|| authors note ~ poor angel, and kimi

GO LANDO THE RACE WAS AMAZING!!! and as promised, i'm working on a bonus part for my story "golden girl ~ a mclaren story" so keep an eye out!

hope you enjoy 🫶🏼