part 13

"she's not even a good driver. and she isn't even pretty either. she should just give up."

oscar gently guides me away from the girl whilst lando goes over to her. i hear raised voices from behind me, but oscar places his hands over my ears to block out the noise.

i couldn't think about anything except that the girl was right. those thoughts filled up my mind, running round in circles.

give up
your not a good driver
give up
your ugly
give up
your a terrible driver

"angie, not a word of what she said was right." oscar says, as lando walks back over.

"she's being kicked out, not allowed in an f1 paddock for a long time." lando says, and oscar nods.

"what if she is right?" i say, looking down at my hands whilst fiddling with them.

"no, she isn't." lando says

"all she wanted to do was to make you feel bad about yourself so she can feel good about herself." oscar says

"it's pathetic." lando adds.

at that point, logan was walking along the paddock and once he spots you, he walks over.

"what's happened?" he asks, after seeing everyone's face.

i see lando whisper to logan, and his face immediately softening as he looks at me.

"oh angie." he whispers, before pulling me into a hug.

"nothing she said was right okay? don't even listen to her, or anyone like that. you are an amazing driver, and you are gorgeous." he says, comforting you.

"thank you..., and you both too." i say, turning to look at the two mclaren drivers stood beside me.

"even zac (brown) says that your a future world champion. one of the best drivers of your age." lando says

"really?" i ask, completely shocked.

"yes! we all think so." oscar says

"shit, i'm gonna be late." i say, checking the time.

"what for?" logan asks.

" i'm on stage at the fan zone in 5 minutes."

"let's go then." logan says before saying goodbye to lando and oscar. i also do the same.

we both run through the paddock towards the fan zone stage. thankfully i get there just before my group was about to go on stage. i hug logan before taking my microphone and standing beside franco.

not ollie, stay away from ollie

my group was: me, ollie, paul, franco, gabriel, juan manuel.

(spanish)

"just in time angel." franco says.

"yes, thankfully."

"i can't believe we didn't see each other last weekend. well, other than you passing me on track."

"yeah i was really busy, sorry frankie, how was your practice though?"

"pretty good, 6th fastest. what was wrong with your car?"

"front wing issues i think, maybe engine. but my team is trying to fix it."

"hopefully in time for qualifying then."

"i was told no promises." i say, before we all go onto the stage and sit down. ollie was in the right of me, franco on the left.

(english)

"angelina, again congratulations on last week in bahrain. you had an amazing weekend."

"thank you, it was such an er whats the word... accomplishment, thanks ollie." i reply, as ollie whispers the word to me. i couldn't ignore him, and definitely not whilst there was at least a hundred fans watching.

"im hoping to carry this on throughout the season." i carry on.

"and your car had issues in practice right?"

"yeah, my team have been working on the car since. so huge thanks to them, and i'll just try my best i guess." i say, as it was ollie's turn to talk.

i spend about 20 minutes on the stage interacting with fans and the other drivers before it was time for another group of drivers to go on.

(spanish)

"me and a few other drivers are doing a track run tonight, do you wanna join?" franco asks, after you had both handed your microphones over.

"yeah sure, whose going?" i ask

"me, gabriel, luke (browning, from f3), paul and juan (manuel correa)"

"sounds great, what time?"

"half 9."

"okay, i'll come find you sometime then." i say before saying goodbye and heading to art gp.

i immediately go over to jules, and apologise for leaving so quickly.

(english)

"how's the car?" i ask nervously, and jules shakes his head.

"you can drive it, but it's not the best car on the grid. we're sorry angel." he says.

"it's er fine jules, at least we can drive it though. gives us a chance to get at least 1 point. what about zacs car?" i say, trying to not show how pissed i was.

"they are working on it right now."

"will his be fixed for the race, or at least quali?"

"yes, but not yours. i'm sorry."

"it's fine jules, the car isn't going to perfect all the time." i say, giving him a fake smile whilst swallowing the anger that was building up inside me.

"thank you, i've got to prepare for the meeting now. i'll see you in there."

i nod and say goodbye before asking someone where bianca was and head straight in that direction. i was told she was just finishing up in a meeting.

i wait outside for a few minutes until she walks out.

"BIA!" i say

"angel! i've missed you so much!" she says, pulling me into a hug.

"so have i!" i reply, hugging her back.

"last weeks, your races were amazing." she says, once we break apart.

"thank you! i bet your races this week are going to be amazing too, your a great driver."

"ah thank you! i heard your car has issues?" she asks, as we both start walking in a random direction.

"yeah, they are working on fixing zac's car now." i say.

"why not yours?"

"i'm not sure, but it's not up to me. im just a driver."

me and bianca talk for another 15 minutes before i have to for my pre-quali meeting. i can't wait for zac to find out his car will be fixed.

it was the least i could do, i know how i can get during the championship. i mean, im not the calmest person you will ever meet.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼