part 14

my meeting had just finished, i can't lie im not happy with what im doing this weekend. i hate not being at the top, fighting for podiums. but there's nothing i can do, im a rookie in f2 and the car isn't the best it can be.

"and we will finish up with some reaction tests before you get into the car." jules says and i nod, before adjusting my airpods.

he grabs some tennis balls for my reaction tests and we do that for a few minutes before i have to start getting in the car.

i take off my ice pack and put on my racing gloves before walking over to the car and carrying my helmet. my trainer, louisa, hands me my drink which i drink out of before putting on my helmet.

"radio check angel."

"loud and clear jules." i say. letting him know i could hear.

i still had a few minutes to go until i could get out onto the track, and i was getting a little impatient.

"jules."

"angel?"

"not gonna lie im a bit bored."

"well your going out onto the track in a minute."

"do i have too?"

"yes angel. you do have to take part in quali."

"only if i get a smoothie after?"

"i'll get you a smoothie after qualifying."

"grazie jules, love you baby." i say jokingly, and he completely ignores my comment as normal.

"drive out now angel." jules says a little while later.

"yessir." i say, whilst driving out of the garage to line up behind zac.

"alright angel, do what you can." jules says as the cars begin to leave the pit lane.

i'm wasn't expecting to do well in qualifying, but i wasn't expecting to be starting p19 in both races.

"that's p19 angel, i'm sorry." jules says, and i couldn't even bring myself to reply i was that angry.

i get out of the car and take my drink from where it was left. i start to take off off my helmet and racing gear, tying my suit around my waist.

"calm down angry bird." jules says, walking up from behind me.

"why was i so slow?" i ask him.

"you know why, the mechanics are going to start on your car as soon as possible angel. you need to stay calm, and work with us yeah?"

"yeah i know."

"let's go get a smoothie now." he says, smiling at me.

"and after both races?" i ask hopefully.

"yes, go on. don't tell louisa though."

"she wouldn't approve at all, but she won't know."

i walk alongside jules into the f1 paddock, where the smoothie place was. i get my normal smoothie, and jules gets his before we start walking back to the f2 paddock.

whilst walking back, i hear someone shouting my name. i turn around to see logan waving at me.

"go ahead, i'll meet you there." i say to jules before walking back to meet him.

"hi logan." i say.

"how you doing after quali?"

"feeling pretty bad to be honest, but i'll come back in the races."

"of course you will. and even if you don't, i'm still watching and supporting you."

"thanks lo, honestly. how long until fp2?"

"around an hour, are you in aston martin for it?"

"no, i'm not there at all today. but i am tomorrow, and for the race on sunday."

"ah okay, have you heard about the carlos sainz stuff?" logan asks me. if there was something you needed to know about him, it was that he was a gossip.

"no! tell me."

"well he's been like ill, i don't know what it is. but if it gets worse, he won't be racing."

"no way, really? who would race instead of him?"

"ferrari's reserve probably."

"ollie!" i say excitedly.

"your friends?"

"yeah, well he's kimi's teammate so through kimi."

"oh yeah, he was on pole too."

"he won't be racing in f2 if he does race for carlos right?"

"no, no i don't think so."

i talk to logan for a little while, being stopped every so often for him or me to sign something.
i arrange to go for a track run after everything was finished on saturday with oscar as well.

2 track runs in two days. they were one of my favourite things to do during a race weekend.

about 20 minutes later, i begin walking back to art but decide to pass prema on the way.

"is kimi busy?" i ask one of the mechanics who was working in the main garage.

"i don't think so, he's coming out now." they reply, pointing at him walking with ollie. why is ollie always there?

kimi and ollie both spot me and come straight over.

"lina! are you alright?" kimi asks, of course he knew about my result. as my twin brother, he also knows how harshly i take these things.

"i'm fine kimi." i say, no emotions showing.

"are you sure?"

"yeah, well done on pole and p6." i say and they both thank me.

"surely they will fix your car by tomorrow right?" ollie says.

"i don't know, maybe."

"i hope so." kimi says, and ollie agrees.

"i came to say that im not coming home with you tonight, im going out with some drivers."

"who?" kimi asks, his protective brother side showing.

"franco, luke (browning), paul and some others."

"okay, i can walk up to you if you don't wanna come back alone?"

"their staying at the same hotel, ill be fine."

"if your sure. just stay safe."

"i'm always safe kimi, nothing will happen."

|| authors note ~ will nothing happen??

hope you enjoy 🫶🏼