part 18

angelina's pov:

i wake up the next morning, strong arms still wrapped around me. but the sun was already shining through the window and i had to leave soon.

"nicky..." i whisper.

"mm?"

"i need to go." i whisper.

"5 minutes?" nick grumbles.

"okay, 5 minutes." i reply, lying closer to him.

once the five minutes were up, i get up and change into my clothes from yesterday in the bathroom.

i walk out and see nick still shirtless sat in bed. he gets up and walks over to me.

"good luck today." he says

"thank you nicky, have a good day in the paddock yeah?" i reply, wrapping my arms around him.

"i will, meet me after your day is done?"

"oh i can't, im... finishing late tonight." i lie, not wanting to tell him i was meeting oscar and logan.

"that's too bad, maybe tomorrow?" he suggests.

"yeah, i've got to go now nicky." i say.

i go on my tiptoes to kiss him before leaving the hotel and heading straight to my hotel and up to my room.

as soon as i open the door, kimi comes up to me and pulls me into a hug. as he holds up his hands, i flinch but thankfully i don't think he noticed.

"where the fuck have you been?" he asks. he wasn't mad, i could tell. he was relieved that i was alright.

"i was staying at luke's, i completely forgot to tell you im so sorry." i lie, already feeling guilty.

"at least your back now. what time do you have to be at the track?"

"12, i'm at aston martin for both sessions today.what about you?"

"half 12, im in mercedes for qualifying but that's it."

"would you come to the track early for your favourite sister?"

"your my only sister lina." kimi says walking away.

"i take that as a yes then." i shout, walking into my bathroom to shower.

as i walk out of the shower, i look out of my window to see heavy rain. i sigh before heading to my wardrobe to pick clothes.

i hate driving in the rain. it makes it so much more dangerous, and i can never focus.

i choose an outfit and put it on before putting everything i would need for the day in your bag.

i walk over to my mirror to start my makeup and hair when i notice i had a black eye. did kimi notice? surely he must have.

quickly i start to put makeup over it, disguise it as nothing. it takes me quite a while, but once i was done no one would be able to notice the difference.

(outfit)

then you do your everyday makeup look and head out to meet kimi

then you do your everyday makeup look and head out to meet kimi. to no surprise, he was wearing a mercedes hoodie and jeans.

"do you wanna go get some food before we leave?" kimi asks.

"yeah sure, are you ready to go?" i ask, and kimi nods whilst standing up and heading over to the door whilst i follow him.

you go downstairs and head to the hotels cafe. as normal, i get a small bowl of yoghurt and top it with many fruits with an egg on the side.

you weren't exactly hungry though, so you only have a few bites of yoghurt and a nibble of the egg before waiting for kimi to finish his food.

"should i order the taxi now?" i ask, once kimi was nearly done.

"yeah, thanks," kimi says as i nod and order it on my phone.

5 minutes after ordering it, ollie comes up to talk to me and kimi. i didn't want to ignore nick's words, especially after last night. not now that i know what he could do.

(english)

"angel, kimi! can't wait to watch you both race." ollie says, smiling brightly at you both.

you politely greet him with hello, before picking up your phone and acting busy. when really you were just playing a game to distract yourself.

(italian)

"kimi the taxi is here." i say, once getting the notification.

he says goodbye to ollie, and i wave slightly as i follow kimi out of the hotel. i get into the car first and put my airpods in, clicking play on my favourite playlist.

playing "broken" by isak danielson

we get to the track pretty quickly for a qualifying day. there was less fans then usual. i get out and sign a few hats for fans before meeting up with kimi at the end of the walkway.

"good luck today kimi." i say, standing in front of him.

"thanks, and for you too okay? don't give up. i bet you can gain at least 5 positions."

"you think?"

"i know lina." he says.

i smile at him, dimples showing. he raises his hands to pull me into a hug but i flinch away. shit. there was no way he didn't notice that.

he still pulls me into a hug, ignoring my actions. if he didn't notice that, he must be blind. or maybe he's ignoring it until we get back tonight?

i hadn't even told him about my plans with logan and oscar yet. i make a mental note to tell him later before i walk away to art and he walks to prema.

(english)

"angel! great timing, ready to film in 5 minutes?" jules says, walking up to me  and greeting me as normal.

"i don't have time to change though."

"that doesn't matter, just drop your things off." jules says, and i nod before heading to take my bag to the driver room.

3 minutes later, i was walking back to jules. he was talking to someone who was setting up a camera. they were surrounded by a few people setting up lights and holding makeup.

"angelina, if you could just sit in this chair." the women with the camera says.

i nod and sit in the seat which had the camera facing it. people move my hair and put lights around me to make me look good.

"okay so we just need you to answer some questions." the woman says.

"how was your first race weekend as an f2 rookie."

"it was a great experience, especially winning the first race. that really boosted my thoughts on the season as a whole. and then getting a podium in the second race was just... never expected.

and i mean meeting all the drivers, becoming friends with them. they are great people, and amazing racers."

"and how is it racing against your brother, Andrea kimi antonelli?"

"me and kimi have always been competitive with each other, so it's very fun to fight against him and even more fun to beat him... we have like a rule, that we don't let anything media says about the other change our views on each other. no matter the race result, like if one of us crashes into the other, we talk about it and get over it together."

"has it made your bond closer?"

"definitely, i mean now we are in the same championship we travel everywhere together and are together a lot."

i answer a few more questions, but finally it was over and the crowd of people leave.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼