part 25

15 minutes later, i was heading for my pre-race meeting. nick had left about 10 minutes ago, telling ollie that i wasnt able to meet him after the race.

i feel bad for ollie, but nick is my boyfriend. ollie is only kimi's friend.

other then sebastien (team principal) i was the first person to arrive.

"how you feeling after yesterday's crash? does it ache anywhere?" he asks.

"i feel nothing, just a shock. it was a lot more force then an f3 crash."

"yes, it would do. good to hear though." he says as people start to walk through the door.

i greet zac as he walks in and sits down beside me.

the meeting flies by, and it was time to eat. for a feature race, there's a set time i have to eat before a race.

it's not the best food, i mean it's plain chicken, rice, and a smoothie. but at least it allows me to perform my best.

i sit down on a table with zac, and we decide to watch the f3 race which was still going. it was pretty heavy rain, and our race was expected to be delayed.

"i never expected it to rain, i mean we're in the desert." i say.

"i know, it's like the weather in britain in the middle of winter!" zac says.

"british weather is the worst!" i say

"i know right! just imagine living there, it's terrible."

"sounds it." i reply.

"luke is leading!" i shout, as my friend takes the lead.

"yes luke!" zac says.

"there's only 1 lap left, he's definitely going to win." i say excitedly.

2 minutes later, luke crossed the finish line whilst still in p1. i send him a message to congratulate him on my phone. once me and zac finish eating, we head to the garage to get ready to get into the cars.

it was now confirmed that the race start was delayed 20 minutes. even though they said only 20 minutes, but it could be delayed even longer.

"angel, down for a game of uno?" zac says whilst stood with some mechanics.

"sure, why not." i say, heading over to them.

15 minutes later, the race was delayed another 10 minutes. i decide to leave the uno game to focus for the race. i always try to be a bit more focused on races when it rains just because of the extra danger.

i was finishing up my stretches with jules when i hear a familiar italian voice. not kimi, jules.

(italian)

"nicky?" i say, turning around.

"hey." he says, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me off the ground in a hug.

"how did you get in here?" i ask, once he put me down on the ground.

"i know people, well my father does." he says, smiling.

"are you going to watch the race from in here?" i ask.

"of course! why else would i be here?" he asks, laughing lightly.

"well, thank you nicky." i say, returning the smile but it was slightly fake.

it's not that i don't want him here, it's just a little harder to focus with him here.

"well i am your boyfriend,whether people know it or not."

"well when im racing you can watch from anywhere in here really, but i dont even know when its gonna start."

"yeah its raining pretty heavily out there."

"i know! the race could even get cancelled at this rate."

"would that be good or not?"

"i mean i would miss racing, but safety first. always."

"of course, i dont even want to think about what could happen to you." he says, placing his arm around my shoulder as i sit down.

another 5 minutes pass before jules comes up to me and takes me away to prepare for the race. the rain was meant to soften for a while so it was suitable for racing. but still, it was starting under a safety car.

"radio check?"

"yessir."

"be careful please angel, it's dangerous out there."

"i'm the most careful driver ever jules, what are you on about?" i joke, hiding the fact that i was practically shitting myself.

5 minutes later i was driving out onto the track, in p18. i hate the back of the grid. no-one wants to be there.

i line up on the grid, and think about how i was going to try and get into the points. the race was meant to be 28 laps, but god knows how many laps will be under the safety car.

i pray to god that kimi stays safe, my friends stay safe, and everyone else on the track stays safe.

me? i can only hope that someone else out there is praying for me.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼