part 15

"lina you don't know that nothing could happen, im just looking out for you." kimi says, and i couldn't disagree with him any longer, he was just being careful.

"i've got to get back to art now, i said i would be back like 30 minutes ago."

"okay, bye." kimi says.

"see you later." ollie says, as i walk away.

whilst walking away, i hear kimi and ollie talking.

"i have a feeling something is gonna go wrong." kimi says.

"im good friends with luke, i can talk to him?"

"would you go with them? make sure she doesn't go off by herself?"

"yeah, sure." ollie replies, and that was the last thing i heard.

what the fuck?

why doesn't kimi trust me to go out with some of my friends?

does he think im going to fuck them or something? surely he knows better, i mean he's my brother.

i push the thoughts to the back of my mind, and head to the main garage.

"angel! are you ready for the meeting?" jules says, coming straight up to me.

"er yeah, sorry i took a while."

"it's fine, your just in time." he says, guiding you into the meeting room.

i greet zac and the other workers who were already in there before sitting down beside jules.

we discuss the previous session before moving onto the car. finding out the issues in mine and if there are any in zacs car.

once that was done, i needed to help with my car so i sit inside the cockpit. we had fp2 on one of the tvs in the garage so i was listening to that.

once i was finished with the car and it was over to the mechanics, i head back to my driver room as i had nothing to do. usually, i would go to aston martin but not today.

i open the door and see zac asleep in the back corner. i put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing, he was in such an uncomfortable position.

i didn't want to wake him up, so i grab my phone and take a photo before i leave again to go back to the main garage. i pick up a granola bar for a snack and head over to my trainer who was talking with two other people.

"have you heard about carlos?" louisa asks me.

"he's been having high temperatures right?" i reply.

"he's got appendicitis." an engineer called harry says.

"is he having an... i forgot the word. operazione?"

"you mean operation?" a mechanic called antonio says.

"yes, that."

"he will do, but ollie is racing instead of him this weekend." harry says.

"what!" i say shocked, completely forgetting what logan had told me earlier today.

"yeah."

"i need to go find him." i say, before saying goodbye and walking off.

i run over to prema and head straight to their driver room, knocking on the door.

(italian)

"lina, you alright?" kimi asks once he opens the door.

"is ollie here?" i ask, as he walks behind kimi.

"i'm still here. not gone to ferrari yet." he says, smiling down at me.

kimi moves out of way and lets me into the driver room, shutting the door behind me.

"your gonna do great ollie, i was just told about it."

"thank you, im actually really nervous." he says, scratching the back of his head.

"you don't need to be nervous ollie, i bet you even get points on sunday."

"oh no, i just want to finish the race without crashing." he says laughing.

"when do you go to ferrari?" i ask, whilst sitting down beside kimi on the table.

"in like 30 minutes, and i'm not racing in f2 this weekend."

"so everyone moves up a position?" kimi asks.

"i don't know, but probably." ollie replies.

"ooh, p18 for me! how fun" i say sarcastically.

"hold on. ollie, you speak italian?" i say, only just realising he wasn't speaking english.

"yeah, i do live in italy so it helps to speak it. and an italian team."

"you live in italy?!"

"yeah, modena. i'm not that far from you and kimi actually."

"lina did you not know?" kimi says.

"it's not like we casually talk about where ollie lives."

"shut up." kimi jokes.

"we should all go out other. like in the massive break." i suggest.

"yeah, god how long is the break?"

"middle march to middle may." kimi says.

we all talk for a little longer, in english this time, before ollie has to finally go to ferrari. i hug him and wish him good luck before he leaves.

"i can't believe i didn't know he speaks italian. he's really good." i say to kimi, whilst he was walking me back to art gp.

"well you know now. what time will you be back later?"

"i'm not sure, don't stay up though."

"okay, ill see you tomorrow then?" kimi says as we reach the garage.

i nod and he pulls me into a hug before kissing my forehead and leaving after saying goodbye.

i see zac awake and talking to his engineer, lucas.

(english)

"someone's awake." i say, walking up to him.

"i wasn't asleep for that long." zac says, smiling at me.

" no, only like an hour and a half." lucas says.

"how do you sleep so long in that position?" i question him.

"what position?" lucas and zac ask at the same time. i show them the photo on my phone and lucas starts laughing.

before we start talking again, franco (colapinto) calls me. i excuse myself to answer it.

(spanish)

"hey frank." i say.

"angel, we are meeting in about 30 minutes near the front of the f1 paddock. so should i meet you in about 20 minutes?"

"yeah, sounds great. whose coming now?" i ask, remembering kimi and ollie's conversation.

"me and you, paul, gabriel (borteleto), luke (browning), dino (beganovic), pepé (marti) and i think that's everyone."

"okay, thanks. ill see you in 20 minutes then."

"yeah, see you then."

"bye." i say, before i end the call.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼