part 28

5 weeks later...

finally, my home race. imola. the race i impatiently wait for every year.

to me, it is always more special than monza. but that's because it's closer to my home. and to make it even more special this year, my best friend flo is here and i haven't seen her in at least 4 weeks.

but that's kind of normal for us. she lives in england and is in full-time school, whilst i live here in italy but travel a lot for races.

flo is my favourite person ever and no-one can ever replace her. even though she is older, i've always felt protective of her. she didn't grow up in a normal house, and it's always effected her. now more than ever. so i need to be there for her.

and i kind of need someone to talk too, it's been pretty lonely the past few days. i mean, i havent spoken to kimi since jeddah, and nick is away for work with his father. nick's anger never stopped, it got worse.

yeah, i have my other friends but they just aren't the same. nothing is like a twins' bond. every day i want to go and talk to him, but then i just can't do it. it's off putting that whenever i see him he just looks at me before turning away.

i feel bad for our parents, like how hard must it be too see us not even have eye contact with each other anymore?

but that's pushed to the back of my mind. i miss kimi so much. im starting on pole for the feature race.

the race starts in 30 minutes, so pretty soon i'll be taking my car to the front row. beside me in p2, is ollie bearman. i haven't spoken to him either, nick doesn't trust him. nick doesn't trust me with my own life, it's his and im just there.

(english)

"lee (her nickname for me) stop stressing!" flo says, noticing my silence. i'm always quiet now, but she doesn't know that.

"i'm not stressed flo, im nervous." i say, looking across to face her.

"you have nothing to be nervous about, alright? your one of, if not the best driver out there!"

"ollie is good though, he's leading the championship for gods sake."

"that doesn't mean anything, your on pole and he isn't."

"i don't want to disappoint everyone, especially not my parents."

"angelina giulia antonelli, you are not going to disappoint anyone. oh your f1 friends are here!" she says, pointing and logan and oscar who were entering the garage.

i get up and walk over to them, both smiling at me. i give them a smile.

"how you feeling angie?" logan asks, gently hugging me. i got my flinching under control, no-one notices anything anymore.

"nervous, do you feel it at your home races?" i ask.

"all the time, not wanting to upset your home fans." oscar says, hugging me too.

"hut you won't upset them." he adds.

"your gonna do great, and even if you don't finish the race. we are still here supporting you." logan says.

"yeah, your here but my family aren't."

"i saw them in the paddock earlier?" oscar says confused.

"with kimi." i say, mentally rolling my eyes.

"well, we're here." logan says.

"thank you." i say, putting on a smile. i'm never truly happy anymore. but no-one notices.

"angel, time to get in the car." jules calls out from behind me. i say goodbye to oscar, logan and flo who find a place to sit whilst i head over to the car.

"good luck out there." jules says before i get into the car. i thank him as he walks away and get into the car.

drive the car and win the race, because if i can't win there's no point in even driving. there's no point in being a driver.

logan's pov:

"i don't know what's happened to her. she used to be so happy." i say, looking across at oscar.

"i know, i think this thing with her brother is really affecting her." he says.

"i don't think it's just that, there's got to be something else." i say, shaking my head.

"she doesn't think people have noticed, but it's so clear. she's changed so much." florence says.

"she's gone from loving the race weekend and having fun outside of the racing part to now just coming to race and that's it. i mean, no-one talks to her anymore!" i say.

"it's not that people don't talk to her, because they try to. she's isolating herself. i'm just surprised it hasn't taken a toll on her driving." oscar says.

luke's pov:

i can't keep this a secret anymore. it's been 5 weeks since i saw nick and angel, the guilt is eating me alive. it's all i can think about when im not racing.

i haven't properly spoken to her in ages, weeks. from what i've heard she hasn't spoken to anyone. she's changed. and it's not for the better.

i have to tell someone. i'm going to tell someone. but who do i tell?

ollie's pov:

i can't forget about angel, she's all i think about. the longer i stay away from her, the more my brain is going to think about her.

but i can't go to her. even though all i want to do is run to her and comfort her. but i would only make things worse for her. i could never forget what nick said to me in jeddah.

"if you ever go near angelina again, you will pay for it. and so will she"

i hate to think about what is happening to her, but i can't stop thinking about it. it's not hard to notice how much she has changed these past 5 weeks. she hasn't smiled like she used too. the light that used to be in her eyes is gone.

but even still, i'm madly in love with her.

kimi's pov:

fuck, i miss angel so much. it kills me to see her as she is. she's lost her spark, and i know it's all my fault.

every night, i lie in bed and plan out how the next day i'll go and find her and apologise until she accepts it. but then whenever i see her, she looks at me and all i see is hatred in her eyes. and sadness.

i dont even know if whoever hurt her, has hurt her again. i can only hope they haven't. when i find out who it was, im going to give them hell.

|| authors note ~ poor angel, don't worry it all gets better soon ❤️

hope you enjoy 🫶🏼