part 16

i head back into garage, and jules walks up to me.

"do you have time today to do some filming for youtube? it's for chasing the dream, but we can do it tomorrow if your going somewhere."

"no im leaving in 20 minutes, sorry. what time should i get here tomorrow?"

"race is at 6 for us, and fp3 is 3. try get here about midday?"

"okay, great. see you tomorrow jules."

"bye angel, don't forget to sleep." jules says as you walk towards your driver room.

i lock the door and change into some more suitable clothes for running.

(outfit)

i pick up a little pack of skittles to snack on before running, so nutritious i know, and out them in my pocket

i leave the driver room and decide to call nick whilst waiting for franco. it takes only a few seconds for him to pick up.

(italian)

"hello?" nick says.
"hey, can you talk?" i say, smiling to myself.
"for you? always, what do you need."
"just missing you."
"i miss you too, if i could i would be in jeddah right now. how are you doing after qualifying?"
"im not happy at all, i mean the car is shit show. but ill deal with it."
"if you need someone to talk to just call me."
"thank you nick, i mean so far i haven't shouted at anyone, so that's good right?"
"it's great. but you still have two days left to shout at someone, and they are the races."
"i'll get jules to keep maloney away."
"and bearman?"
"what do you have against him?" i say, laughing slightly.
"he loves you too much, and you back to him." nick says, his emotions changing again.
"nicky, i love you not him."
"hm sure, that's what it looks like."
"please, i don't love him."
"then don't talk to him. show me you love me and not him." nick says, i bite my lip.
"yes, anything to show you." i say, after hesitation .
"ill see you next?"
"im back on tuesday, but not for long. so-"
"ill come see you then."
"great, i've got to do something so i'll talk to you later."
"call me when your done?"
"of course nicky, bye."
"bye."

i end the phone and put it in my pocket before leaning my head back against the wall and groaning.

i say a mental goodbye to ollie, as franco approaches me.

(spanish)

"hey, you alright?" he asks.

"i'm fine, are you ready to go?"

"yes, you?" he asks and i nod before following him away.

whilst talking, i hand him the small bag of sweets. i lie and tell him i already had a bag.

soon enough, we reach the small group of drivers.

(english)