part 9

my mind was full of thoughts about ollie. that surely should have been a sign to say no. but i didn't...

"yes, i will." i say, as he leans down and kisses me passionately. he places his hand on my lower back and i kiss him back.

a few minutes later, we break apart again before heading back to our friends.

"wait, we can't tell them yet." i say, as we were still a far distance away.

"yeah of course.". he says, letting go of my hand as we reach our friends.

1 week later...

i was at nick's house because that night i was leaving for saudi arabia and he wanted to spend the last moments together. no-one knew we were together other than us. and i started to realise just how much he had lied about being a perfect child

i had to admit, ollie had been in my mind the whole time.

i know it's bad, i do. but i'm thinking that soon i will forget about him, and focus on the championship and my relationship with nick.

i was lying on nick's bed whilst he was sat at his desk doing some work.

(italian)

"i'm gonna miss you." nick  says, looking down at me.

"really?"

"yeah, i'm not gonna see my girlfriend for a week after seeing her every day." he says, i get up and walk over to him before wrapping my arms around him.

"im gonna miss you too." i say, kissing his forehead lightly.

"what time are you going to the airport?"

"in three hours. i'll go home soon, i need to get ready."

"i can drive you back?"

"you don't have to, i can order a taxi."

"no, i want to spend more time with you." he says, pulling you down gently onto his lap.

i wrap my arms around him and place me head on his shoulder whilst he finishes the work he was doing.

10 minutes later, i feel a hand on my back. i had almost fallen asleep.

"come on sleepyhead, time to take you home." nick says, stroking your back.

"okay." i reply, as nick picks me up and places me on the ground. we both walk out to his car and sit down.

"is kimi already at the track?" nick asks.

"he's in saudi arabia, but he's not at the track. he's doing some filming with his team."

"ah, your not?"

"no, i have some filming with aston martin though and of course the normal social media stuff."

"right okay. i know your going to be busy angel, so dont feel like you need to talk to me."

"i don't really go on my phone at the track."

"exactly, and when your back home we can spend all the time together."

"im sorry nick, im only back for one day. its another race next week."

"hey, don't worry. i get it. how about after that race?"

"yeah, we can be together then." i say, smiling with my dimples on show across at nick.

"your so cute." he says and i blush a little before turning to look out the window.

"stop it." i whisper.

"are you blushing angelina?" he asks, teasing me.

"i would never." i joke.

the next morning...

it was 3am wednesday morning and i had just arrived at the airport in jeddah. it was another hour before i arrive at the hotel.

when i arrive i realise that i wouldn't be able to get into the hotel room until the next morning because i told kimi not to wait up.

i start walking down the hotels corridors when i notice someone walking towards me. someone i immediately recognise.

"ollie!" i whisper yell down the corridor as i get closer to him.

"angel? w-why... what are you doing?" he asks me, laughing slightly.

"i've just flown in and i er can't get into the hotel room. kimi has my key." i say.

"oh right. you can stay in my room for the night if you want. not be rude but you look kind of tired." he says, scratching his neck.

"no it's fine, i didn't sleep at all the whole flight and i had a layover in singapore. but it would be great, thank you." i say.

ollie nods and takes my suitcase before leading me to his room. it was two doors down from where i was staying with kimi.

"why are you awake at 4 in the morning?" i ask him as we both sit down.

"i couldn't sleep so i went on a walk."

"isn't that dangerous?"

"not really, i mean i didn't actually leave the hotel. and it's raining outside."

"oh right. that makes more sense." i say before yawning.

"you should really go to sleep angel. you can have my bed, i'll stay on the couch." ollie says, looking down at me.

"are you sure?" i ask and he immediately nods.

"thank you ollie, so much." i say before smiling at him with my dimples on show.

"it's just through there." ollie says, pointing at a door.

i thank him before entering the room, there was a door to a balcony on the opposite side. i quickly climb into the bed and place my phone down beside me.

i knew i wasn't going to fall asleep, but i would still appreciate the rest.

i can never sleep during a storm, not when im alone anyway. i guess in a way i was scared? i don't like storms at all. when i was younger, me and kimi shared a room. whenever there was heavy rain or a storm, i would always climb into his bed so i could sleep.

driving in the rain is honestly my biggest disadvantage.

a few minutes later, ollie looks through the door before stepping in. he looks at me sat against the headboard with the comforter around me.

"are you alright?" he asks.

"yeah... i just... not the biggest fan of storms." i whisper.

"neither am i. i hate them." he says, sitting down at the end of the bed.

"really?" i ask shocked.

"yeah, when i was a little kid i would always sleep with my parents during storms." he says, laughing slightly

"i guess you get them a lot in england." i reply, smiling at him. he probably couldn't see it though, we were in the dark.

"all the time."

"i'm the same, well since a few years ago. me and kimi used to share a room so i would always get into his bed. then i would fall asleep." i say, laughing a little at the memory.

"don't ever let him know i told you though." i add.

we both talk for a few more minutes, before i work up the courage to ask ollie a question. any other night, i wouldn't have asked it. but i really needed sleep.

"can you stay here tonight? i just really need to sleep now and..." i say, starting to ramble on before ollie interrupts me.

"yeah of course." he says, with his british accent. i love his accent.

|| authors note ~ ollie is making a comeback 🤭

hope you enjoy ❤️