part 2

"angelina, how are you feeling before your first race in formula 2?"

"im pretty confident in that i can get some er points for the team. but its a little scary of course, first f2 sprint so I'm just hoping to get the team some points today." i reply

"you won the f3 championship last year, how different is f2 compared to last year?"

"well there's obviously similarities, there is in all the formulas. but er it's quite a bit faster, the races will be longer. so quite different, but i'm looking forward to facing a few new challenges."

"and you won last year in your rookie year, do you think that's possible this year?"

"it's only the first race, so i have no way in answering that really. er. i hope to be a championship contender obviously but no, no idea."

"and this year you will be competing against your brother, in a rival team. how is that?"

"i guess he's the same as any other driver, but we are the same age and both rookies so we will be compared together. er yeah."

"and your now the aston martin reserve driver, does this add to the pressure your facing?"

"not really, i mean it doesn't change anything in the race. but it's a great opportunity."

"and finally, do you think that your path is to f1 has been harder then others because your a female?"

"no, because that doesn't change my abilities on the track and honestly it doesn't change anything. and if a team want a driver that isn't me because i'm a girl, then they deserve all the losses they get."

"thank you angelina. best wishes for the sprint today." the interviewer says as i walk off after saying goodbye.

i start to walk back to my driver room to change clothes and when i hear someone shouting my name as i pass the prema garage.

i stop and look to see kimi and ollie waving at me. they both leave prema and come up to me. i pause walking to talk to them.

"lina!" kimi says as he reaches me.

"yeah?" i reply, a little bit of anger in my voice.

i am very good at controlling my emotions, and normally not letting people around me see my feelings.

but sometimes i can't help it. i mean, no-one's perfect, although that's what i hope to be.

"are you alright?" kimi asks, knowing something was up.

"mhm, perfectly fine." i reply. i wasn't completely fine. the interview had really put me off

"that last interview question was a little- they shouldn't have asked it."ollie says, looking down at me.

"no, they shouldn't have. " i reply, relieved that i wasn't the only one thinking it.

"he's right." kimi adds, reassuring you slightly more

"im always going to get asked that and im gonna have to get used to it now." i admit.

"just don't let yourself get too stressed about them. social media will always focus on the fact your not male." kimi says.

"yeah im trying." i reply, nodding a little.

"a lot of people miss you at prema." ollie says (i had driven for the team last year in f3)

"how? if i had a bad race i was a total bitch." i reply

"im sure you weren't."

"oh trust me, im bitchy." i say, laughing a little.

"i can agree with her on that." kimi says, laughing too.

"i've not seen it yet." ollie says.

"just wait, it won't be long until you see it. now that your kimi's teammate." i say as i hear someone shouting my name.

i turn around and see zac walking up to me.

"angel, you need to change into your suit soon." zac says as he reaches me.

"yeah i will do soon. how long is it until the race?"

"1 hour." he replies.

"yeah i should change then, thanks zac. i'll see you when im done ." i say, as he says goodbye and heads back to the garage.

"i need to go but im going to aston martin during qualifying so i wont see you." i say

"alright, do you want me to wait or just go to the hotel?" kimi asks

"you can go if you want too, im not sure how long im gonna be." i reply

"alright, ill see you tonight. bye lina." kimi replies

"bye angelina." ollie says

"you can call me angel you know?" i say to him, laughing a little at the formality of my full name.

"bye angel ." he says, smiling at you.

i wave bye and head to my room and lock the door behind me. i quickly get changed then unlock the door before touching up my make-up and plaiting my hair.

i grab my training equipment and head out to the main garage where both the cars were. i see 2 people who weren't dressed in art grand prix clothes, and i immediately know who they were.

oscar and logan

"what are you doing here?" i ask, when i reach them.

"it's your first race, of course we are watching," oscar says, giving me a hug. again, him and logan were two people i could definitely trust.

"what really?" i reply, after hugging him back.

"we wouldn't ever miss it." logan says, and i also hug him.

"don't you have things to do for qualifying though?"

"im sure our engineers are searching for us." oscar says as a joke. of course he would have told them, i was being stupid.

"thanks guys."

"how you feeling?" logan asks

"i don't know, everything at this point."

"your gonna do great, and remember even if you don't, it's your first race. no one is expecting you to win." oscar says and logan agrees.

"i won last year." i complain

a few minutes later my engineer, jules, comes up to me.

"ready for some reaction tests angel?" he asks and i nod.

i say bye to the two drivers and follow him away to a more private area so i could concentrate.

i do some tennis ball reaction tests before doing some necks stretches and full body stretches. time flies by, and it's time to take the car to the track.

i put on my balaclava and helmet, before getting into the car.

"radio check angel, radio check." i hear jules say

"loud and clear jules." i reply, taking a deep breath to get into focus.

"alright, drive out of the garage please." i hear, as i also see someone guiding me out of the garage.

i carefully drive to the track and stop at p2, my teammate zac ahead of me in p1.

"music please." i say into the team radio.

playing "shut up and drive" by rihanna

after the song finishes, it was time to race. and i was ready.

1 light...
2 lights...
3 lights...
4 lights...
5 lights...

lights out

|| authors note ~ hope you all enjoy 🫶🏼

it's a little bit of a boring part, sorry, but i promise the next part has some good stuff.

let me know if you have a suggestion ❤️