part 7

"p3 angel, amazing race, what a start to the season."

"yeah er thanks jules. er let's try to keep this up all year." i reply.

i might not always sound happy, but i am. i'm just not very good with emotions. once i get close with people they start to understand.

i line the car up in p3, beside the two prema cars. i get out of the car and see my mechanics cheering. i go over to them, as they all start to congratulate me.

i thank them before taking off my helmet and going for a weigh in. i always close my eyes for weigh ins. i guess im too scared to see what i weigh.

i know that i am close to being too light to race, and i really needed to gain more muscle. but it wasn't a focus of mine yet, i was too focused on just driving well.

but i do train a lot.

after that, i see kimi talkig to our dad. i decide not to go over, and go to seb who i saw with my mechanics.

it's not that i dislike my dad, we just don't agree on things. he thinks that i could be better at a sport like tennis. but i think it's because he wants two kids that are the best of their own sports and don't have to fight each other.

but i do love tennis, i play it a lot when im not at a track.

(german)

"well done! and your still leading the championship." seb says, pulling you into a hug.

"really? by how many points?"

"1 point, but a championship lead, is still a championship lead. no matter the point gap."

"yeah that's true."

"i think you need to go for the podium now." he says.

i nod and say goodbye before making my way over to the cooldown room with kimi and ollie.

"great race guys, well done." i say to be polite as i greet them.

"thanks, you did amazing though. p9 to p3 on your first feature race." ollie says.

"yeah, still beat you though." kimi says, agreeing with ollie.

"well i'm still a better driver then you." i say as a joke.

"are you now?" kimi replies sarcastically.

"you didn't climb a single position. the least you could do is win."

"you didn't win."

"because i started p9!"

"exactly." kimi saying, laughing a little. me and kimi would always have play flights about who was a better driver when honestly we didn't care. well, i care but he doesn't need to know.

"ready for your first f2 feature race podium?" ollie asks you and kimi.

"no, there's so many people." i say, turning to look at the growing crowd.

"well, at least you aren't on there with zane. no doubt you would push him off." kimi says.

"harsh, but true." i reply, smiling at him before realising i was about to go on the podium.

"fuck fuck fuck." i whispers, fiddling with my hands.

"it's fine, it's only a few seconds before i come on." kimi says, as they announce me as p3.

i walk onto the podium and walk across to p3, whilst waving to my mechanics. thankfully, kimi came on soon after, he smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up. i return the smile to him.

and finally, ollie comes onto the podium. cheers erupt from the prema mechanics. me and kimi both cheer for him too.

a minute later, the british national anthem starts to play and everyone quietens. out of the corner of my eye i could see how pleased ollie was with himself. it was kind of cute?

no. no. no.

angelina guilia antonelli, you are not falling for oliver bearman. your brothers teammate.

i wasn't even sure if it was allowed to date someone who was another driver. i wasn't even sure if i did like him. or if he liked me?

as the national anthem finish, the iconic champagne shower music starts to play. i pick up my bottle and do my iconic way to open it (same as lando because he taught you it)

kimi and ollie both team up and start spraying me.

"you dicks." i say, laughing a little as i start spraying them both. we all start to spray their engineer as well.

after you had finished, and were very soaked. ollie was the only one to drink it as he was the only one of age to drink. we all go to stand on the p1 stand.

ollie was stood in the middle, i was on his left. kimi and his engineer were on the left. ollie had given me his hand to stand on the podium and he places his hand on my back and i felt my whole body being warmed.

his touch was so gentle.

"don't fall" ollie says, as my foot nearly falls off. i smile up at him, dimples on show and see he was also smiling down at me.

we take the photos before getting down. again, ollie helps me down by holding out his hand. i thank him before walking in between him and kimi.

i could see photos still being taken of us as we start to talk.

after leaving the podium, i see my dad. i start to walk towards my mechanics but kimi talks hold of my hand and pulls me to him.

(italian)

"kimi!" i say, trying to leave.

"nope, your coming."

"i hate you." i mutter to him as we reach our dad.

"angelina, well done on yesterday." dad says, patting me on the back.

"yeah, thanks. didn't beat kimi today." i say, shrugging my shoulders.

"well you have a lot more races to try ." dad says

"or maybe one race he could go from p9 to p3." i say.

"well he did finish p2."

"still not top of the championship is he?" i say before excusing myself and walking away.

|| authors note ~ hope you enjoy 🫶🏼