part 8

the race was starting and i was stood with a few engineers in aston martin. since the podium, i got changed and came straight to aston martin. i didn't want to talk to anyone.

and i definitely didn't want to see maloney.

thankfully by the time the f1 race had started, my anger had cooled down so i could focus on what i was being told.

it's not that i don't like my dad, because i love him really. i mean he's my dad. but before i left for bahrain we had an arguement.

it was a good race for aston martin, and good start to the season for them with fernando finishing p3 and lance p7. i go to the podium with the aston martin crew and stand beside mike krack.

i glance over at the mercedes team and see kimi also standing with them. i felt a pang of guilt that i had just left him before.

on the podium was max as the race winner, lewis p2, and fernando p3.

after the podium was over, i make my way back to aston martin to go over some data analysis with the engineers for a few hours.

finally, i head back to art gp to do my own data analysis with my engineers. i didn't end up leaving the track until 11 at night, and my flight the next day was at 3pm.

i get back to the hotel room around half 11 at night, kimi was already asleep so i couldn't apologise yet. but to be honest, i didn't know what to say, or what i was apologising for.

i didn't feel tired either so i start to pack my suitcase. it was already half 1 by the time i was done, yet i still wasn't tired. i change into some comfy clothes and force myself to get into bed to try and sleep.

but i ended up just lying there all night. something was bothering me, and i had no idea what it was.

the next morning...

(italian)

"morning." kimi says, walking into my room and pausing just inside.

"kimi, i'm sorry." i say.

"what for?" he asks, sitting down on the bed.

"yesterday, i just left and- i shouldn't have. i should have stayed and tried to talk to you... and dad."

"you don't need to apologise, i guess i shouldn't have brought you over like that. sorry."

"it's fine kimi."

"are you coming tonight?" kimi asks. you both are in the same friendship grouo as you and kimi were quite close and you both went to the same school.

"who is coming?"

"all of us, it's at home though."

"yeah sure." i say.

one of our friends called nicolas and me had a little thing going. i think he kinda likes me? and i maybe like him too.

everyone thinks he's the perfect boy, he studies law, has great grades, and already works at a law firm as an apprentice. and already has a drivers license. but he isn't the perfect child, not in the slightest.

anyway, there was still about an hour before we had to leave for the plane. so i decide to go onto the f2 group chat

2nd best racers in the world

me
hiiiiiii

franco
angel well done on yesterday
i never congratulated you

me
thanksss frank
i can't believe after aussie we don't race for over a month