7

"So everything started because of a cupcake!?"- y/n exclaimed.

"That girl dared to disrespect me! The king of demons!"- King was telling her what happened.

"King you already have a lot of clothes and stuff from that coven people, I can't believe this."- Eda had told y/n that it would be just like a game, but she was still a little worried.

Y/n and King were heading to watch the duel. They entered the place just in time to hear a bell rang or...scream? Luz seemed very nervous and Amity... Pretty confident, not good sign.

"What did we miss?"- King asked.

"The duel is just starting and Luz can win it all!"- Willow and Gus said, y/n sat beside Willow.

"Go Amity!"- some student said.

"Hey! You root for Luz or nobody!"- King tried to run at the student, but got caught on his scarf and fell, y/n tried to catch him unsuccesfully.

Luz and Amity started the duel, somehow Luz was doing magic. Like real magic, she was defending herself well. Or that was what y/n was thinking until King landed on the floor and spikes bursted from the ground.

"I'm okay!"- he said.

"I knew it! You were cheating!"- Amity said.

Lilith touched the top of a spike, making it crumble.-"Oh, Eda. I do believe this means you lose!"

"It wasn't my idea to cheat. And when I found out, I tried to stop it, but-"- Luz was trying to explain.

"Who could believe anything you say?"- Amity walked away. Y/n didn't like her at all.

"Wait just a sec, Miss Protégé."- Eda went after her. Lilith's eyes widened.

"Hey! What are you-" - suddenly the abomination Amity had created shrinked and crumbled. Eda showed a glyph to the audience.

"A power glyph from the construction coven."- she explained.

Eda and Lilith started a discussion about cheating. Amity left and Luz followed her.

"Hey y/n! Help me!"- the human ran to free King, ripping his clothes in the process.

"My offerings!"

"Oh I'll get more offerings for you, King."- y/n tried to make him feel better. They went back to sit with Gus and Willow waiting for Eda and Luz to solve their problems.

"That's it!"- and Lilith had enough. She got her staff hitting Eda with a blast of energy, throwing her through her spikes and into the wall behind the dais.

The audience gasped. Willow and Gus gasped, y/n gasped even King gasped.

"There she is!"- Eda got her own staff and sent a burst of energy at Lilith too.

"Witch's duel!"- someone screamed and then the real fight had started.

Blue magic and orange magic exploded in a white light. After a while Eda created a growing pillar of wood that splited one of Lilith's attack. The pillar bended forming an owl face hooting lowly. Lilith teleported away from it's approaching beak. Two new owl faces extend from the large pillar. Eda drawn four more spell circles on the opposite side while Lilith easily teleported away from all of their beaks, destroying one on the ground, then three in the air with a grunt. Eda smirked creating an orange shield as Lilith hits it with her staff. The shield cracked, but Eda's expression didn't change. Owlbert's eyes glowed as he flied into Lilith's face, interrupting her attack. He hoots and pulls her hair.

Y/n thought that was hilarious, it was the last thing she expected when she woke up that morning.

"Say goodnight, sister."- a large owl's face formed right next to Lilith, and with a hoot, it captured her in its beak. Owlbert landed back on Eda's staff.

Lilith appeared directly behind Eda.-"Enough of this."- Eda was thrown into the wall.

"Lily, wait. The curse."-Lilith stopped.-"Look at me. Look at my face. The curse is worsening and I can't keep up with it. I don't know how much time I have left."

"I'll admit I was surprised when I first saw you today."- Lilith had forgotten about the duel.

"I just had to see my sister for... possibly the last time."

Y/n thought Eda was being too dramatic, there was no way Lilith would fall for it.

"Eda, I-" She screamed when a bag of 'Hex-Mix' was thrown in her face. She fell for it.

"It's been fun, but let's call it a draw!"- Eda ran away, Lilith looked so done with her. Y/n had tons of fun, witch's duels were great.
___

"Let's go before my sister realizes I tied her pointy shoes together."- Eda said before hearing Lilith's scream.

"And that's our cue!"- they started their way home.

"Sister? Now that's a mysterious past payoff!"- Luz was always curious.

"Oh, you think that's all the mystery I got? Wait until you hear about my parents."

"What? You've got parents? I need to know more! Are you hearing this y/n!?"- Luz realized her cousin wasn't with them anymore.-" Where's she?"

"She said she would get me more offerings."- King explained and that was enough for Luz.
___

Y/n was getting some stuff for King and just maybe trying to see Lilith again.

"Lilith."- and seemed she was going the right way, y/n didn't recognized that voice but she still followed it.-"I see you let the owl lady get the best of your temper. Just remember what emperor Belos has promised to you."- y/n saw Lilith talking through some kind of... phone she supossed.

She nodded.-"I will capture her, ma'am. You have my word."

"Very good."- the other voice replied.

"Your days are numbered, Edalyn."- Lilith said when she thought she was alone.

Y/n felt afraid after hearing that, but Lilith wouldn't hurt Eda right? They're sisters. Maybe her first impression of Lilith had her blinded.

"What are you doing here!?"- Lilith was definitely not happy to see her when she turned.-"what did you hear?"

"I was just passing by, I didn't hear a thing."- y/n looked to the floor.

"Sure, human."- Lilith knew she was lying.

"Well maybe I heard a few things. Why do you want to capture Eda?"

"That does not concerns you!"

"I knew you wouldn't tell me anyway"- y/n smiled because it was obvious.-"but maybe I could take a guess."

"What?"- Lilith was confused. The human was just weird for her.

"you know 'capture' doesn't sound good and I wouldn't like to think of you as a bad girl either."- y/n walked to her.-"But have it for sure, I will found out your reasons."-

"You could not even find your way out of this room. And you should not think about me at all, now get out of here."-Lilith said inexpensively.

"I'll leave. Not because you say so but because I want to!"- she didn't want Lilith to have the last word.-"and I really expect to see you again soon, Lilith."

Y/n turned around and left. Lilith was just annoyed, those humans were going to be obstacles on her way, but nothing she couldn't take care of.