10

"Azura"- Hecate began.-"Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally."- Luz sighed.

"Luz, you're getting all swoon-y again."

"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power."- Luz commented to King and y/n.

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom."- King was such a cutie.

"Okay. 'Suddenly the door swung open'."- and suddently the real door opened.

"Ding-dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!"- Hooty said.

"The book has come to life! Burn it!"- y/n laughed at King's reaction.

Luz went to the door.
____

"Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket."- they all went to the kitchen.

"Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the boiling isles has it's perks."

King pulled a blanket off the top of the basket, revealing a snoring baby bat.-"Mm. Fresh meat."

"No, not eating that."- Luz said.

"Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?"- Eda replied.

"There's a note."- y/n said and King grabbed it.

"Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi."- he read it out loud.

"Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening."- Eda interrupted.

"You will be handsomely rewarded. X-O-X-O-X-O-X. Bat Queen"- King finished.

"Bat Queen?"- the name and King pulling a few snails out of the basket made Eda's eyes widen.-"Reward?"

"Who's the Bat Queen?"- Luz asked.

"She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life. So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy."- Eda explained.

"Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes."- Luz told y/n.

"Not you humans. You have to return the books I checked out from the library"- Eda made a pile of books appared from nowhere, which Luz catched.

"I don't want them getting a cut of the loot."- Eda whispered to King.

"Good thinking."

"Now, let's take a look at this little darling."- she took the whole blanket off. As the baby bat screeched.

"On second thought, maybe we could use your help!"- Eda said.

"I'll stay here to help them."- y/n whispered to Luz but she grabbed her hand.

"Well, we better get to the library! Got to go! Bye!".- and Luz dragged her out.-" you need to get out of the house more often y/n, that little ugly creature would have just stressed you. Let's go to the library together!- Luz smiled.

"Fine, maybe you're right. But let's do it fast and come back, I wanna see how they handle that little monster."- y/n just accepted because she loved Luz.
___

"Coffee, grass and bloodstains? These are Eda's, aren't they?"- the librarian said.

"Huh. That was a crazy night."- Luz replied.

"I'll put them on her tab. By the way, we're closing early for the wailing star meteor shower."-  he gestured to a framed picture of the Wailing Star.

"Oh. What's that?"- y/n asked.

"You're in a library. Read a book."

"That rude monster!"- y/n complained as Luz laughed.

"Don't worry y/n, we are in a library. We will read a book. You go that way and I'll go this way."- Luz had the idea of taking different paths.

"Okay but don't get into trouble."- she knew Luz very well.

"I would never."- sure.
___

After a while reading some random facts about the isles and watching a few books that apparently came from the human realm, y/n finally found something about the wailing star.

'The Wailing Star is a periodic meteor shower. In which a star-like creature that actually wails, causes an unpredictable manifestation of magic along its path. All the contents of the books within the library manifest into reality if they are opened.'

The library closed early to prevent idiots from making books came to live, it had a lot of sense. No one would want to see the Canterville's ghost there, or fight against moby dick, or end up marrying a dumb Hareton Earnshaw. Well maybe y/n wasn't all against the last one, but there was also all the weird books the people from the isles wrote.

Y/n closed the book and started looking for Luz.
___

"This is great. First, I befriend the siblings then I befriend the Amity."

"Siblings? Isn't Amity the one who stepped on King's dessert and then fought against you just to find out at the end both of you were cheating?"- for y/n that was like the best joke in the world.

"I didn't cheat, that was all Eda and her sister's fault!."- Luz replied to her cousin's accusations.

"Whatever, I'm glad you're making friends here."- y/n tied her hair in a ponytail.- "Let's go home now."
___

"Hoot hoot, did you had fun at the library?"- Hooty asked the humans.

"So much fun hooty! It was great."- Luz stopped to tell him what she did as y/n went inside.

"I can't believe I'm about to do this.- Eda picked the baby up and he stopped crying. "Rock, rock. Maternal gesture."- y/n was fascinated watching her and King. It was hilarious.

Luz entered the house.- "Guys I just had the best day. Cool teens like me. Call me a library book 'cause they were checking me out."- she looked over at the couch.-"Aw, Eda, you look so motherly."

"Say that again and I steal your tongue."

"Seems like being a mother gets the best of you doesn't it?"- y/n laughed and Eda just looked at her with an annoyed face.

"Aw Eda. How can you say that around this cute little baby?"- Luz poked the baby bat. It woke up and barfed out a smaller version of itself, which did the same. They all started to make a real mess.

"Parenting sure looks rewarding. E-Enjoy your life lessons. Bye."- Luz left the house again.

"Uh, for, for the money?"- King looked at Eda.

"For the money."- she ducked out of the way of a green liquid that splashed the wall.-"I'll let you see the money from afar if you help us."- Eda told y/n.

"I'm so out of here."- the human said before leaving.
____

Y/n was walking not far from the house when she watched 3 cops running behind the same little creature the wardian Wrath was torturing at the conformatorium. Who would have thought that little thing could cause so much trouble. She also saw Willow and her dads passing by, Lilith heading towards her and some strange birds that looked like little dinosaurs... Lilith! Lilith was heading towards her! She had to act cool.