23

"It's nice to see you again buddy"- Hooty told the red demon as he and y/n entered the house.

"Same here Hooty."- he smiled and ran inside looking for King probably.

Y/n went straight to her room not expecting to see Lilith there.

"Lilith. Where's Eda?"

"I have no idea, she left right after you did."- Lilith replied.

"I see."- y/n closed the door behind her and sat on the bed.-"come here."- she told Lilith who slowly walked and sat beside her.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for saying your powers were useless, they're not... They were not useless, you did save Eda at the end, sorry for that and basically for everything else I said in the human realm, I was just angry. I didn't expect you would capture Eda... Like that. What a horrible and cruel way to do it."- y/n explained. Morton made her realize Lilith's intentions were fair, her plan... Not so much.

"I know, it was terrible."- Lilith replied.-"and you were actually right, Edalyn has always been stronger."- she knew, Luz told her the story.

"Well, you still helped us after that, King and I are alive thanks to you and Eda... Mostly to Luz but I'll thank her later." - y/n said.

"I'm sorry too y/n, my actions were unforgivable and unfair but my intentions were never that. The emperor had too much pressure on me, I shouldn't have done all the horrible things I did, I know all of this is my fault and I'll live to regret it."- true, all was her fault, but her whole life changed in just a second too.

y/n bit her lip.-"I guess as time goes by we'll find a way to adapt and make things work."- she sighed.

"I hope so."- Lilith hugged y/n and shoved her face on her neck- "I'll do anything for you to trust me again. I swear"- she placed a soft kiss there.

"Remind me to wipe your lipstick out of my neck later."- y/n shouldn't be doing that, she was still mad.-"the last time Hooty had to tell me about it."

"I told you to clean your face and you said you were going to."- Lilith tried to start a kiss, but y/n didn't kissed her back.-"Why don't you just stay like this?"

"You mean kissing you or with black lipstick stains all over me? Cause I bet evryone would notice that one."- y/n thought she was too stupid, she had to stop that and tell Lilith how much she hated her for what she did to Luz and then explain how she'll kill her if she ever tried to do something like that again.

"Both options are fine by me. It doesn't matter if someone sees it anymore."- Lilith started another kiss while her hand caressed y/n's thigh.

"Stop."- y/n said as she broke the kiss.-"you know one day we'll need to explain Luz and Eda this... Thing we have and the fact that we had been seeing each other even before yesterday's mess."- but she couldn't just walk to them with Lilith's lipstick on her face and expect them to be happy.

"Oh."- Lilith looked at her for a few seconds.-"Yes I know. If you want we can tell everyone now, I don't want to keep more secrets."- Lilith stood up and headed to the door.

"No! Are you insane!?"- y/n quickly grabbed her hand.-"come back here."- Lilith obeyed and sat again.

"Why not? We have to-"

"Lilith there's a lot of things we need to talk about first."- y/n started.-"we kiss and stuff but we're not officially 'something' remember? Plus you almost killed the only two people I love and who can stand me, if you ever do something like that again I swear I'll finish your powerless existence myself. I don't feel like kissing you or doing anything right now, plus this is not the moment cause they think I'm dating someone else."- y/n explained.

"What? Dating who?"- Lilith's eyes widened. Y/n frowned expecting her to say something else.-"I swear I'll never threat anyone's life again, I'm sorry, you can kill me if I try to."- she sighed.

"Fine, but I'm still mad. And the guy of the elixirs."- y/n wiped the lipstick off her face.

"The one you went to see today?"- Lilith frowned.

"Yes, his name is Morton."- y/n explained.-"it all started one day he walked me home because it was late at night. Luz and Eda became crazy about it."

"And why you didn't tell them the truth!?"- Lilith was mad too.

"It was all Hooty's fault!"- Lilith frowned deeper.-"and mine as well of course... But yours too!"- she accused.

"Literally how!?"- y/n had a flashback of her talking to Lilith in the living room.

"Listen, you didn't want Eda to know we were hanging out"- Lilith remembered and instantly regretted her stupid ideas.-"and she was suspecting and asking where I've been. That's when Morton came here and Luz started to ship us, so Hooty said I should let them believe that in order to hide our... thing."- she finished.

"Ugh."- Lilith growled.-"ship?"- she crossed her arms.-"then tell them now that you're not dating him."

"Y/n!"- Luz opened the door with her book in her hands as they both turned looking at her.-"oh hi Lilith, I hope you two are getting along."- she sat in between them as King ran to jump on the bed and the snaggleback climbed to sit on y/n's shoulders-"do you guys wanna hear how the good witch Azura defeated her evil enemy gilder-snake?"

"Sure pretty, we'd love to".- y/n had listened that story a billion times but Luz was very happy to read it everytime so it was always worth it.

"Ugh."- Lilith growled again before leaving.

"What's up with her?"- King asked.

"Maybe she's afraid of these suspense stories"- the red demon commented and y/n laughed.
____

"So we have to hunt monsters now?"-a confused Luz looked at Eda.

It was night. Eda and Luz were sitting at one of the couches while Lilith and y/n were on the other with the snaggleback in between them. King was sleeping on Luz's lap as they discussed what to do for living without the portal.

"Do you have a better idea?"- Eda asked.

"You're already criminals, you could just steal snails or anything from the market shops."- y/n said.

"You mean us?"-Luz asked-"cause I remember you sneaked into emperor's castle too and if it wasn't for me you'll be like lady liberty, all stone now."

Y/n laughed.-"right, you're amazing. But listen, when people hear 'the owl lady' or 'human' they think about Eda and you, since I cause less trouble I'm irrelevant for all those monsters."- y/n explained.

"That's actually kinda true."- Eda was thinking about the idea, she was a thief already anyway.

"Didn't you went to university, y/n?"- Luz started.-" since you don't see yourself as a 'criminal' like us, you should get a job as a teacher or something."

But y/n made a disgusted face at the idea.-"I don't think 'human history' would be an educational priority here."- she looked at Lilith who shook her head.

"Teacher? I thought you hated school."- Eda frowned.

"I deeply hate it, but there's not many jobs I could choose in our realm, so apart from schools or museums I can do nothing in here, that's why we should become full time thiefs."- y/n smiled.

"I refuse to steal any kind of object."- Lilith objected.

Y/n rolled her eyes.-"What do you say?"- y/n looked at Eda.-"King and the snaggleback will help."

"Oh look at you."- Eda smiled.-"wanting to pickpocket and steal. I'm proud but I have no magic now, how could we escape if we get caught?"

"We can fly, you still have a magic staff, one of us could flirt with the sellers and distract th-"

"What a terrible idea!"- Lilith interrumpted frowning.-" no one is gonna flirt with anyone."- y/n just sighed. Of course Lilith wouldn't like the idea.

"Seems we're trying bounty hunters then."- Eda exclaimed with a smile.