21

"Eda used her power to save me and got caught by Lilith. Now she's the owl beast and is being taken before the Emperor! I don't know what he's planning to do with Eda, but I'm going to rescue her."- Luz said to y/n and King.

"Haven't you been listening to me? He's the Emperor! He's the most powerful witch alive!"- King was reading out loud a book about the boiling isles history, y/n already knew a lot from what Lilith teached her but something felt off about a powerful witch just appearing out of nowhere to banish wild magic and stuff.

"King, please try to understand. Eda is in this situation because of me. Because of my stupid choice. I have to make up for it."

"This isn't your fault."-y/n quicky replied.-" it's Lilith's. She knew she could never win against Eda. In the emperor's palace or whatever it is she had a huge advantage. You're just a victim of her acts."- Luz sadly looked at her.

"And she's in her owl beast form! How will she even recognize you?"- King said.

"I don't know. But I have to try anyway."

"Well then, I'm going too."- King decided.

"King..."

"Me and Eda don't always see eye-to-eye, but I do consider her family. I want her back as much as you do."- he explained.

"Alright. Then we've got no time to lose! You'll need to learn real quick how to use some glyphs."- she looked at y/n who was little scared but nodded. They needed to help Eda.
_____

"For the crime of attacking a coven leader and refusing to join a coven, Edalyn Clawthorne's body shall be petrified in stone! Today, sundown, at the conformatorium."- various demons and witches were watching the news through crystal balls in the street.

"Please tell me that's not as bad as it sounds."- Luz said.

"Petrification is only done to the worst criminals, and once the spell is complete, it can't be reversed."- King replied.

"Lilith. She cursed Eda. She captured her own sister! She is the worst! If I ever see her again!"- Luz tossed the crystal ball onto the ground.

"Y/n!"- Morton ran to them.-" I just heard about the petrification. I can't believe it."

"Me either."- she replied looking at the floor, that was the last thing she expected, apparently Lilith forgot to tell her it wasn't just about making Eda join a coven... And who knows what other things and she put Luz's life in danger which for y/n was the worst part.-"are you gonna be there?"- she asked.

"Of course, if you need my help or anything I'll be there, I promise."- Morton looked at her eyes.

"Thanks Morton. You could take care of the snaggleback? I don't want him to get hurt."

"I'll keep him safe."- and y/n hugged him for a long time trying not to cry on his shoulder while Luz and King decided how could they get inside the conformatorium.
_______

"Perfect plan."- Luz said to y/n and King when they got caught inside a paddy wagon for stepping on the grass.

Inside, the three of them stared at the petrified creatures, two guards were placing a pedestal with Eda's name on it.

"There's not gonna be a new statue going up today. Right, Luz? Luz?"- she was looking at poster of Lilith. Y/n still couldn't believe the same sweet Lilith she dated could do such cruel things.

"Sir, the owl lady's human student has been apprehended."- some guard said

"Very good. Ah, Luz the Human. How I've waited to see you again. Now I'll have my revenge and you'll have front row seats to Eda's demise."- y/n recognized warden Wrath's voice.